Hi fellas - a very old 'Pie here but still posting on these forums well past my three score years and ten!

I don't get down the 'Lane as much as I used to but will be there Easter Monday to see the Pompey game.

Here's a true little story of why I'll be there and why. When I was a lad in 1952 we played Pompey in the 3rd round of the FA cup at Meadow Lane. You were a 1st division club with arguably the finest half back line that any club has ever had comprising Jimmy Dickinson, Jack Froggatt and Jimmy Scoular with all of them current internationals.

I'll never forget our Tommy Lawton (who'd just lost his England place) rising above Jack Froggatt and heading our only goal in a 1-3 defeat. Your lads were brilliant on the day and we were well beaten because apart from Lawton's goal we never really got a look in. Froggatt solid as a rock, Scoular the hardest tackler I've seen (including Norman Hunter) and Dickinson just calmly ran things without fuss.

In all the years since, I've seen hundreds of games at the 'Lane but this one always sticks in the mind. I hope all you visitors have a good day out at the Easter game and the game is a good one. It should be as Kevin Nolan has done wonders since he arrived and I think it fair to say our league position belies our current form.

Best of luck on the day - may the best side win and do you still ring out the chimes?