+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve McClaren

Steve McClaren

Everyone (including me, unfortunately) believes that Warne is nailed on to get the job. The bookies do too, he is 1/2 to get it.

But Steve McClaren was at the game last night. Am I just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 673? Or could there possibly be something in this? Would he want to come to us? Would we want him? If we had this half decent budget we are meant to be getting, surely McClaren would take us back up? Surely he would at least have a better chance than Warne?!?! He is currently 22/1 btw.

FWIW I don't think we will go for him, and if we did, I don't think he'd come...... But, TS DOES surely owe us a decent appointment now. Surely appointing a high profile manager - McClaren or otherwise - would win fans back over?

I know if we appointed McClaren rather than Warne we would sell at least an extra 1,000 season tickets!

Latest Manager Odds:

Paul Warne 4/9
    Richie Barker 7/4
    Russell Slade 16/1
    Nigel Adkins 18/1
    Warren Joyce 18/1
    Owen Coyle 18/1
    Robert Page 18/1
    Mike Phelan 18/1
    David Flitcroft 18/1
    Steve Cotterill 18/1
    Brian McDermott 18/1
    Steve McClaren 22/1
    Steve Evans 33/1
    Ronnie Moore 33/1
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 33/1
    Stuart Pearce 33/1

Like I've said Paddy Kenny was at the game also which must mean he's gone for the job.

Think I might start walking to river Don now

Paddy Kenny has applied for the fitness coaches job

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    Everyone (including me, unfortunately) believes that Warne is nailed on to get the job. The bookies do too, he is 1/2 to get it.

But Steve McClaren was at the game last night. Am I just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 673? Or could there possibly be something in this? Would he want to come to us? Would we want him? If we had this half decent budget we are meant to be getting, surely McClaren would take us back up? Surely he would at least have a better chance than Warne?!?! He is currently 22/1 btw.

FWIW I don't think we will go for him, and if we did, I don't think he'd come...... But, TS DOES surely owe us a decent appointment now. Surely appointing a high profile manager - McClaren or otherwise - would win fans back over?

I know if we appointed McClaren rather than Warne we would sell at least an extra 1,000 season tickets!

Could it be that he got wind that the piggies may be looking for a new manager when they fall at the last hurdle......AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Like I've said Paddy Kenny was at the game also which must mean he's gone for the job.

Think I might start walking to river Don now
    Maybe he will be McClaren's new goalkeeping coach?!

Quote Originally Posted by djsld View Post
    Could it be that he got wind that the piggies may be looking for a new manager when they fall at the last hurdle......AGAIN!
    Yeah, probably more likely tbh.

paul warne was at the Lincoln/daggers game on monday.. is he shopping or chatting with the new manager?

Mclaren would defo get my vote, but it won't happen. DWTWM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    Mclaren would defo get my vote, but it won't happen. DWTWM!!
    Hes probably just scouting for players all manager watch games when there unemployed. I would have anybody but Warne at this point. The whole thing is one big nightmare and it gets worse day by day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast