+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fao brin

Fao brin

Brin, as one sportsman and miller to another, I do hope that you didn't "go in big" to use your own words, on Mansfield to either get promoted or reach the play offs this season. A few weeks or maybe months ago I saw your post and advised against it. I said in all sincerity that with Steve Evans as manager and with Evans not able to bring in a shed load of new buys or loans Mansfield had no chance of making the top 7.

Evans and that lost cause TS set the template for the immediate future and thus it has come to pass, they are equally culpable for the dire position we are in today. Recently Evans shot his mouth off on BBC Radio Nottingham saying on BBC Radio Nottingham that Plymouth manager Derek Adams, a fellow Scot, was a failure and had said to him (Evans) that he was the best manager outside of the Premier League. Adams naturally denied this.

Evans then went on to say that Plymouth were poor and that Mansfield totally outplayed them from beginning to end.
    Score: Mansfield 0 Plymouth 2. Does this ring any bells.

I said from the outset that this unpleasant little man was a loudmouth liar and the sooner he left, the better. Naturally again, everyone turned on me and some like Ibj did last night called me IZAL, imagining themselves to be clever and witty. Fail.

Anyway Brin, I sincerely hope you didn't lose too much on the Stags bet.

Zil my friend…..I have the stags at 3/1 to make the top seven and this is still a possibility although of late results haven't favoured them and 10/1 to gain promotion again an outside chance and I use that term loosely….

I based my assumptions of my betting on the mega rich owner of Mansfield Town John Radford multi millionaire owner of One call insurance and fully expecting him to spend large to get the Stags out of League 2 but it appears this as not come to fruition…

As for Evo I get your hatred of him everyone to their own as they say….what I don't get is I have never seen a post from you praising him for the immense joy and happy times of back to back promotion he delivered??? Old news I know just a point….

My bets are still live and I have no intention to cash out and will let them ride….as for large I won't be a destitute vagabond roaming Westgate for Saturday night scraps outside the curry houses if they fail to land….

Thanks for your concern ….

Do you still bet n bobs Brin?

My gran used to say horses are bought in guinies but you bet using bobs.

She used to pay for her tv license with her winnings.

Yes pal I pay in big bobs….especially when I lose….

Zilzal - what a delicate petal you are !

Threatening other posters with all sorts of things and backing that up with warnings to take note - or else.

Izal - Clever and witty - NO....Just rebranding !

BRIN, I'm an old fashioned punter whose every bet is on the nail to win. However, if you have had two 3 figure bets on Mansfield then I would strongly advise you to cash in both bets if that means getting your entire stake money back.

I'm assuming your bets were £100 plus and therefore don't want you, or anyone else on here to lose their money on non-starters. Both the promotion and the top 7 have gone down in my eyes so I'd get it back if the opportunity is there. Many people on here have got quite the wrong impression about me. I do want all Millers' bets to win, even Ibj's if he ever tilts at the ring. Why wouldn't I?

As for the two promotions. The first was fully expected, though we did make a bit of a meal of it. I wouldn't have gone all the way to Wembley wishing us to fail. It was 2 very ordinary sides separated by a missed penalty. Orient have gone on to become a non league side but at the time I believed if TS came up with the money and Evans spent it wisely, things would start to get interesting and maybe even exciting.

Neither man delivered and so we're off back to where we came from. Neil Warnock delayed our demise because this is his level but this season we've made nothing of our reprieve.

This is why there's been no praise for Evans from me. As for your double bet Brin. My strong advice would be to cash in pronto.

The cash out offer will be absolutely nowhere near what Brin has staked, whatever that is I wouldn't think.

Are they even offering a third of what you staked Brin?

I too though Evo would get them up tbh, just didn't back em.