+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley(home)predictions

Barnsley(home)predictions

A must win game any other result and I feel its curtains for us
    2-1 win
    come on you rovers.

Robin, put quite simply, if we don't put a result up against them on Sat, we don't deserve to stay up.
    Given our probable absent personnel it's so difficult to make a prediction but I'll go for 2 - 1. (As yourself).

Rovers 2 Burnsley 2

3-1 to Rovers. Surely this game is more important for us than Barnsley, and that should count for something!
    I hope the two defeats haven't shattered the players' confidence. (It would be nice to get a little bit of luck for a change, too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Robin, put quite simply, if we don't put a result up against them on Sat, we don't deserve to stay up.
    Given our probable absent personnel it's so difficult to make a prediction but I'll go for 2 - 1. (As yourself).
    Hey Despair, your almost sounding like your one of the usual 'the likes of Barnsley' mob with that comment, and we've seen and heard many of them this season.
    We've given up on the season now as a team and cant wait for it to end, so it surely all points towards a free 3 points for your team.

Acido, points have to be 'earned' in any game. Just as it should be.
    Not sure if you meant my comment as being towards yourselves singularly, but it was not.
    My comment is towards our whole season performance, in that we are where we are because we deserve to be.
    This game in itself presents a opportunity to possibly gain some respite from our third from bottom birth, so if we don't grab it we deserve the ultimate penalty.

Ok I understand that, but Im sure you also know what I mean when people say things like "its disgraceful that we cant beat a team like Barnsley" etc, even though we've been above these teams for the whole season.
    We should have visited your place back in January by the way, but we blew it at home to the Blacky lashers in an Fa cup replay
    Wigan look down now, and I cant believe that the slimy backstabber Lee Johnson is still in a job at Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok I understand that, but Im sure you also know what I mean when people say things like "its disgraceful that we cant beat a team like Barnsley" etc, even though we've been above these teams for the whole season.
    We should have visited your place back in January by the way, but we blew it at home to the Blacky lashers in an Fa cup replay
    Wigan look down now, and I cant believe that the slimy backstabber Lee Johnson is still in a job at Bristol City.
    Acido - I agree. In this division it is ridiculous to talk about the teams "you should beat". I think it's often based on a long-term perception that means nothing. I'm sure the Newcastle fans put us in that category! Apart from the special case of Rotherham, whose world seems to have fallen apart, predicting a result correctly is little more than chance, because there just isn't that much between the teams.
    As for this game, I'm grasping at the straw that you haven't got as much to play for as us!

Hey up Auckland, isnt it past your bedtime over there in Oz
    Yes it does indeed come down to a misconception that we and teams similar to us belong in the lower leagues. We have played MORE games in this division than any other team (going back to when it was the original Second Division), but when we mention this stat it gets ignored. What a surprise eh!
    My current avatar btw is our home kit from 81-82 and I remember us playing Blackburn a lot back in the 80s. I think we won more at Ewood than at Oakwell in those days, you were always a team who we could never beat at home lol. Simon Garner used to be a thorn in our sides.

Remember this 2-2 game at our place, from 3 seasons ago ? (the season when we went down actually ).
    Btw as for our two scorers, Nick Proschwitz the German proved to be a waste of time for us on loan and went back to Hull. And Chris O'Grady is now at one of your fellow strugglers Burton, he flopped when he thought he was getting a big move to Brighton!

Last edited by Acido; 07-04-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)