+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crewe at Stanley ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Crewe at Stanley ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

I think the Alex will come away with a hard fought point, 1-1.

Can't see us getting anything from this one. We have nothing to play for in terms of the team and Accy are on a good run. I hope I am wrong but 2-0 loss today. Last time I watched the Alex at Accy the Iceman was still in charge (but not for long).

Accrington 0 Crewe 0

Very disappointing result. Cruising at half time and then playing like a team of dustbins in the second half. Rank poor defending for all three Accrington goals. I had hoped the days of losing after being 2-0 up were long over. Newport's victory closes the gap to nine points. We certainly need 3 - 4 points over the Easter weekend and Notts County are playing well and are a bit of a bogy side over the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Very disappointing result. Cruising at half time and then playing like a team of dustbins in the second half. Rank poor defending for all three Accrington goals. I had hoped the days of losing after being 2-0 up were long over. Newport's victory closes the gap to nine points. We certainly need 3 - 4 points over the Easter weekend and Notts County are playing well and are a bit of a bogy side over the last few seasons.
    Amen brother. A concern of mine for the last month or so was that the teams below us would start putting results together while we reverted back to our bad old ways. Big opportunity this weekend to almost (almost, because of goal dif.) make it over the line and I hope they (and I think they can) take it. C.O.Y.R!

This result shows that are defenders are not good enough, They have been given a chance under two managers this season and are still making school boy errors. If the team wants to push on next season then I feel that DA will have to find a new defence for next season. The game is about money and loyalty these days does not count so even though certain players have come through the ranks at the club they have had long enough to improve and be ready to move on for a fee but this has not happend and its time for a change at the back. Otherwise I feel we will have another season like this one .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    This result shows that are defenders are not good enough, They have been given a chance under two managers this season and are still making school boy errors. If the team wants to push on next season then I feel that DA will have to find a new defence for next season. The game is about money and loyalty these days does not count so even though certain players have come through the ranks at the club they have had long enough to improve and be ready to move on for a fee but this has not happend and its time for a change at the back. Otherwise I feel we will have another season like this one .
    The same defence that kept 3 clean sheets in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    The same defence that kept 3 clean sheets in a row?
    What about the bigger picture like the last 2,3,4 years?

DA will have been looking at the players in the first team squad even before he came manager. he will know those who are improving and those going through the motions. All will become clear at the end of the season with what I hope will be a big clear out and well prepared scouting bringing in new faces for a fresh challenge

I don't see a big clear out, just some judicious pruning.

Of the current first team Garratt, Ray, Bakayogo, Jones, Cooper and Dagnall will all be around, and I suspect he would want to keep Guthrie. Cooke and Bowery would be leaving anyway, along with Davis, and Turton has indicated he wants to go. That just leaves Nugent and Hollands/Bingham.

There is generally a good number of youngsters released (like Saunders) and he has kept Lowery and Wintle. So that leaves Kirk, Ng, Udoh and Ainley that have had a few games this season. I reckon he will keep 2 or 3 of those - not what you would call a big clear out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast