+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Post League split fixture possible problems?

Post League split fixture possible problems?

As it stands after next Saturday's match against Inverness we will have played 33 league games 16 at home 17 away.The other teams in the bottom six are Kilmarnock and Ross county who we have played twice away from home the others Inverness,Dundee and Accies we have played each twice at home.A reverse of the fixtures will result in us playing18 games at home and 20 away.I don't see Inverness,Dundee or Accies being happy if they were to play us for a third time at home,if the SPL however decide that we will play only 18 games at home it will mean we are the only team in the league to have lost out in revenue with a second home game against either of the Old Firm and the lost revenue of a 19th home game particularly in our current situation.

I can just envisage the SPFL's reaction "So?"

Inverness would probably be thrilled to go to FP again given the records of the away team in that fixture recently!

Going by our results a Fir Park this season i wish we could play all our post split fixtures away from home.

We'll know soon enough about the post-split fixtures. They'll be announced early this week according to the SPFL website.

Dates (subject to TV) are April 29, May 6 and May 13, the midweek of May 17, Saturday May 20.

Jwok dates you have provided are they not for top 6 with bottom 6 playing on the Sunday of each week,just something I have heard but hope it's wrong.

Not heard that one. I took the dates from the SPFL site. (http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/post-...xtures-update/)

We'll soon find out!

The post-split fixture will be published at 1100 tomorrow (Thursday).

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Jwok dates you have provided are they not for top 6 with bottom 6 playing on the Sunday of each week,just something I have heard but hope it's wrong.
    Not to say it's not changed but previously it was always mixed then final day was split - bottom six Saturday, top six Sunday.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)