+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the end..

Aucks.. As long as there's a club, I'll maintain an interest, but its gonna be a very different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Acido.. Duncan shearer opened the scoring for us, but you scored twice to win. Player called Andy rammell if memory serves me right. I remember the scrap too! I was there. Happy days.
    Hey up Sax, and yes I was there as well
    It was a cracking atmosphere even though our season was heading towards nothing really, mid table yet again. And your right, Duncan Shearer put your team in front and it was 0-1 at half time. Mark Smith headed in our equaliser from a corner, and it was Andy 'Rambo' Rammell who scored our winner.
    The scuffle was because we kicked the ball out late on in the game for an injured player, but your lot didnt give it back and Machin was furious about it. He was normally a boring character so that was shocking to see him lose it like that.

Aucks.. As long as there's a club, I'll maintain an interest, but its gonna be a very different experience.
    Indeed it is, Saxo.
    Unfortunately - as Despair says - the one constant is Venky's!
    On the other hand, who on earth is going to step in?
    Any wide-eyed, carefree (careless?), Rovers-fanatic millionaires out there?
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 08-04-2017 at 10:19 PM.

That's the spirit ! I have been there and done that,look on the bright side , many of your fans will have new grounds to visit.. (you only hate man utd)..

We did it as well (went down to Lg One) three seasons ago and have genuinely come back stronger now because of it or despite it, whichever!

It feels like sh*it I know, but a season or two in Lg One isnt the end of the world. It gives teams a chance to re-group and find out 'who they are' again. Blackburn arent down yet of course, and I still hope you stay up and send Brizzle ScumbagCity down instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We did it as well (went down to Lg One) three seasons ago and have genuinely come back stronger now because of it or despite it, whichever!

It feels like sh*it I know, but a season or two in Lg One isnt the end of the world. It gives teams a chance to re-group and find out 'who they are' again. Blackburn arent down yet of course, and I still hope you stay up and send Brizzle ScumbagCity down instead.
    Yep ! league one or two wont do any harm. How the hell they got beat off Barnsley i will never know . (they only hate Man utd)

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Yep ! league one or two wont do any harm. How the hell they got beat off Barnsley i will never know . (they only hate Man utd)
    Are we speaking English here Turfy kid, or is that the beer/lager talking
    They got 'beat off Barnsley' because we were the better team than they were, and we deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

I think we'll have to win four out of five, Acido. Not impossible, but we're going to be right down on confidence...and I've had a call to fly over and play at centre-back, so things can't be good!

I am not sure this is the end more the start of a new beginning
    we have been lumbered with useless journeymen on ridiculously high wages
    I believe we are the 9th highest wage in the championship and look where we are
    time to make changes
    we have one of the best academy's so use it
    we no longer need to give contracts to the old and past it
    as sad as yesterday was it terms of realisation we should look to the future now and prepare properly for it.

It appears to me that with this 'realisation' , comes a form of 'blessed relief'.
    I'm sorry to be the harbinger of (further?) doom but the core prob is still Venkys.
    We STILL have no idea what their 'grand plan' is ???
    Is league one gona be their actual level (of competance) ? I currently stand unconvinced.
    Then there's the attendance issue: as we can observe the hurt and pain and anger is as great with the stayaways as we already knew.
    Even in our most dire need and the rallying cry of this beleaguered manager the required swelling did not occur.
    My dream and dearest wish is for the unthinkable to happen and for Venkys to gift wrap (debt free) the club over to the necessary football people to again recreate a credible boardroom that can again manage this club properly.
    That then would make match days down at Ewood once again pleasurable experiences and with that feel that it was for MY club once again.
    😊
    Last edited by Despair; 09-04-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)