+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Warburton's game plan easy to read?

Is Warburton's game plan easy to read?

I still have misgivings about his idea of getting players like Clough and Ben to give their all from the get go.

Therefore we need to take a healthy lead and hope to see it out. But if we don't then midway through the 2nd half, they're on empty.
    So an opponent just needs to sit back and absorb our attacks and then hit us in the 2nd half like Wolverhampton did.

I just hope he has a Plan b or c. Because plan A looks rather obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I still have misgivings about his idea of getting players like Clough and Ben to give their all from the get go.

Therefore we need to take a healthy lead and hope to see it out. But if we don't then midway through the 2nd half, they're on empty.
    So an opponent just needs to sit back and absorb our attacks and then hit us in the 2nd half like Wolverhampton did.

I just hope he has a Plan b or c. Because plan A looks rather obvious.
    He's the manager and must know the strength and character of his bench. Also he's a manager who likes to build up passing from the back but against Wolves this was countered by the opposition pressing up quickly. I noticed against Huddersfield though that although still playing a passing game Jordan Smith was varying tactics a little bit with a few long kicks up the field.