+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Check for gas safe

Check for gas safe

A gas safe engineer will carry photo ID with qualifications on the card at the back listing jobs he is only allowed to do.

Always check.

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/ne...l-gas-fitters/

The blind, Lithuanian chap who I usually get doesn't seem to carry a gas safe card with him.

I'm sure he'll be legit though. I did start to wonder when he came in smoking a fag to check the funny smell of gas from the boiler.

Nae quite the same but gas none the less

The FPSO I work on just had an approximate 200 tonne gas leak. This came from right below the flare. Just so happens the wind was blowing in the opposite direction and diluted it pretty quick. 2kg of gas can wipe out an average house. On another day I may have disappeared off abmad and the face of the earth.

Just to add nobody lost their job due to it. Even though it was caused by negligence. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The blind, Lithuanian chap who I usually get doesn't seem to carry a gas safe card with him.

I'm sure he'll be legit though. I did start to wonder when he came in smoking a fag to check the funny smell of gas from the boiler.
    Speaking of blind .
    On the front of the gas safe card there's info about the engineer in Braille.
    Imaging that.
    One other thing reading my gas safe magazine a month or two ago it's said 1 in 6 of gas appliances are deemed as not safe .
    Never would have thought it would have been as high as that .

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

On another day I may have disappeared off abmad and the face of the earth.
    Feck sake imagine what would happen to the ab-mad post count if that happened! Everyone's internet would probably run twice as fast

Feck sake imagine what would happen to the ab-mad post count if that happened! Everyone's internet would probably run twice as fast

Ah very funny I'm sure Packman doesn't care . But at least he's here to tell us about the event at his work which indeed could have been much worse.