+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking Bleak For Swindon now.

Looking Bleak For Swindon now.

Swindon could only muster a 0-0 with AFC Wimbledon last night which IMO seals their fate.

Watching them against MK last week Lawrie told me before the game he did not like the tippy tappy Football they played from the back, and they played the way he stated, its O.K. to play that way if your Midfield and Forwards are making runs for through balls but I did not see much of that on show and it was painful to watch which made me feel sorry for Lawrie and Gaz who was in another part of the Stadium.

Driving out of the Cricket field we listened to the Robins Manager on the radio, to me he's not a good talker and constantly talked about MK's quality (which there was not a lot of) instead of Swindon Town which p!ssed me off somewhat.

So time to fall out of League One and build to return quickly, can you with the team you have, the money (if any) that is going to be invested, and the same Manager ? I hope you bounce back soon lads.

I agree Mike we are almost certainly down after only getting 2 points out of 6 in our last 2 games which where both at home! We are at Walsall tomorrow who are playing well so can't see us winning there! This current team have no chance of getting us out of league 2 next season but as we have 7 loan players and others who are either shortly out of contract or have refused to sign a new contract it is inevitable that we will have a completely new team. We have no money to build a promotion winning team like we did last time we dropped to division 2 so I can't see us challenging, it is more likely that we will be fighting to stay in the football league? With Lee Power running the club and Luke Williams who still has 4 years on his contract as coach the future looks very bleak, quite depressing in fact!!
    Last edited by lazaat; 16-04-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Doncaster have come straight back up with ease this season, and that surprises me because I didnt think they were good enough. But they have shown it can be done.

And while Swindon arent down yet, its looking tough for them now with 3 games left.