+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Finally - a home win for Motherwell

Finally - a home win for Motherwell

They did it the hard way but Motherwell eventually earned a valuable three points against Inverness at Fir Park to move off the play-off place. An early two goal lead was squandered but persistence delivered a 4-2 triumph. - External Link

All that mattered was the result today a real pressure game and a wee rub of the green....pointless to pick holes in some of it just be grateful what we did right and that the Accies "goal" was balanced off today.

The result was all important and we earned the win, perhaps with the help of a refereeing error. While that may balance out the disallowed goal against Hamilton, we have still 2 officiating errors against Dundee and Partick in the bank. Good to see young Campbell play well and score his first senior goal.

Big win despite some iffy moments...we got a massive break with the 'goal' of course but more than deserved given some of the costly things which have wrongly gone against us before.

I have a feeling Dundee will use the semi-final break to punt Hartley so will be interesting to see how that goes in a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Big win despite some iffy moments...we got a massive break with the 'goal' of course but more than deserved given some of the costly things which have wrongly gone against us before.

I have a feeling Dundee will use the semi-final break to punt Hartley so will be interesting to see how that goes in a fortnight.

I think ur right said as much after the game that didnt think we would face Dundee managed by Hartley.. the temptation to try the new manager bounce theory might prove too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I know Dundee see themselves as a big city club and are notoriously impatient but I can't see what a change of manager now, with 5 games to go, would achieve. Perhaps however they think they just can march in and take the likes of Alan Archibald or more likely Tommy Wright now.

They've lost six or seven in a row, including a 7-0 scudding at home...there's no great expectation behind it other than better the devil you don't know.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)