+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st & last game next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    What if, somehow, we do really well next season? What if Paul Warne is found to have the Midas touch, we are winning nearly every game and TS seems to be vindicated in his decision? Will that change your mind?

I don't actually expect anything like this to happen, but I will still be cheering us on in the hope it does. I do also respect your decision, each to their own, ultimately it's your life and your money, you should spend both how you see fit, although if we all did the same it could only hurt our club in the ling run, not better it.
    No, Ellis, it won't. I will be 65 next month and the journeys are a pain. More controversially, I have for some seasons experienced a growing disenchantment with sport and football in general and RUFC in particular. I don't like the way the club is run and I find the adulation of TS rather sickening. I begin to think all sport is a conspiracy by those who make a living from it (and this includes all the media, pundits and commentators) to big it up so that the masses continue to fund their pampered existence. I'm not playing ball any longer.
    As for Casper's views on my "enjoyment" he's probably right. I have enjoyed the mental gymnastics and revisionism of the loyalists on here as they struggle to rationalise ever greater crappiness with an unsullied belief in the talismanic qualities of the light bulb king. Really quite funny.

Monty it's not just about the football for me which is a good job cause we're crap at the moment.

I meet my brother for a drink as we're both busy working it's a time for us to catch up.
    I also take my 2 boys and I love spending time with them watching the millers it's about traveling to away games the banter and a bit of food while we're away.
    Memories for me and my boys far outweigh the football it's more then that for us like I said good job cause we're poor.

First game we'll all be eagerly looking forward to a new season, and maybe like this year we'll dabble with being top of the league after 22 minutes.

Last game, who knows? I'll leave you to fill in the blanks.

Shrewsbury home first Wimbledon away last

So long as we win them and have a far better season, I couldn't care less who we play

First (or second)) game a few years ago - Peterboro' away (League Cup Rnd 1), followed by a few days on the North Norfolk coast... great weather, fish & chips, beer, etc - pity about the 4-1 defeat, but I wouldn't mind trying it again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12