Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
Garratt - Needs a pro to push him and replace him, position is too comfy
Maybe but he is the best we have between the sticks and we’d do well to get any better. He’s signed again so I’m happy. Even in defeat at Accrington, he made 3 stunning saves!

Zooms - OMG! Only in side due to Guthrie injury. Nice one Davis!
Now it’s funny. Maybe I see something others don’t. I like Zooms .............but maybe it’s just because his song fits better than it does for Pocchettino!!

Nugent/Ray/Guthrie/Davis - Seriously, you are happy with the competence of any mix of these as two Centre Halves?
I have really wanted Ray to succeed, and making him stand-in captain was a smart move by DA, but I still see mistakes in him. Often caught for pace.
Nugent keeps making costly niggly fouls, he hasn’t quite got it for me.
Guthrie – if he stays, he has to play at CB. A LB he is not.
Davis – thanks for the memories. Sadly (for him) the best were at RB so I wish him well as he seeks pastures new. I just hope St. Mirren offer him something but his latest injury may hamper that.

Turton - A good lad and squad player, does all he's asked. Shouldn't be a first choice 11 or a fullback but defo ok for the squad?
Reports suggest he wants out. Maybe like Davis, he feels he needs a change. But I suspect like Davis, Scottish football beckons because he aint gonna move up the ladder in England. I’d be happy if he remained our #1 RB though.

Back to Guthrie - Doesn't want to stay or he would have signed. Suddenly he is Baresi, funny that as he has never pulled up any trees and our Artell revival happened without him in the side....I will be interested to see who signs him and if he plays first 11 for them!!!
Like Turts, I can’t see him going anywhere up the EFL. Sideways move at best but better for him if he stays.

Bingham - LOL! Mostly broken and has had two good halves all season. Sign him up then, cos that'll help....
I think he’s done ok in his recent run, gives us balance with his left foot, but with other options coming through, I see him as a squad player at best. Not sure we would do that though with one who is not our own.

Hollands - Released and called back due to crock above. Given a deal then turns a hamstring into an out-for-season, well that's progressive hey...
Yeah but when he was given the armband, it transformed him. Having not taken to him at the start (that “pass” at Cheltenham for one!), he has definitely grown on me. I’d give him the armband again for next season if fit.

Cooke - Ace!
Agree. Just a shame it is very unlikely we can get him back!

Jones - Ace!
Agree, still think he is a future captain but his passing still bothers me. The latest example a mistake against Notts County, even if he was trying to mop up after a disastrous clearance. But that’s just us. When we make a mistake, we often fail to rectify it but instead make it even bigger!

Dagnall - Ace!
Agree

Lowery, Wintle, Ainley - all good lads.
Agree – and all 3 are worth persevering with without doubt. They can all pick a pass which is ***** if we want to continue the play the ball on the ground. I put these 3 down as better passers than Jones.

I wouldn't keep many. And if we do then why would we expect better
Sadly, very true ..... 