+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ross County

Ross County

County got a useful point from Celtic - hilarious penalty in the last minute. Telly says Liam Boyce suspended for our game due to yellows, which is a wee boost, and Schalk will certainly be out as well once the compliance officer gets involved.
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 16-04-2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: corrects first suspension

Aye, it was a blatant dive that conned the ref for the penalty. Schalk should get a couple of games on the sidelines for that. Still, that point gives County a one point lead over us.

The cheating point they gained might end up costing us or another club their league status,the players of which along with staff and families will have their livliehoods affected,whereas the Ross county player will get at worse a two game ban,if they want to stop the players cheating ban him for five games and fine them five weeks wages which will have an impact on his and his families livliehoods

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Aye, it was a blatant dive that conned the ref for the penalty. Schalk should get a couple of games on the sidelines for that. Still, that point gives County a one point lead over us.
    Having got away with one yesterday, we're possibly not in the best position to bring the topic up. The difference is, though, that nobody in a claret and amber strip did anything to con the ref - we just got lucky. Quite a bit different from the context in Dingwall, so I hope that the Compliance folk take a long, hard look and, if they come up with a 'guilty of diving' verdict, that action is taken against the diver. County's point could come at a price.

Aye but we already know the price...it'll be a couple of games ban, nothing more.

The authorities have no interest in cracking down on cheating because it would firstly require some tough decisions and secondly would lead to 'stars' being banned...and when you flog your product for millions and millions, you don't ban the thing people want to buy.

I used to get wound up by players diving but tbh I've just got used to it...Schalk had next to nothing to lose in that moment and potentially a lot to gain, I don't blame him for doing what he did. I bet no one in his own dressing room criticises him - his manager certainly didn't - and if we win like that against Dundee or whoever next you won't hear me complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    The cheating point they gained might end up costing us or another club their league status,the players of which along with staff and families will have their livliehoods affected,whereas the Ross county player will get at worse a two game ban,if they want to stop the players cheating ban him for five games and fine them five weeks wages which will have an impact on his and his families livliehoods
    I can't disagree. If County survive by a point or on goal difference, Schalk will be hailed as a hero by his club. Cheating on this scale should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    I can't disagree. If County survive by a point or on goal difference, Schalk will be hailed as a hero by his club. Cheating on this scale should not be tolerated.
    No point crying over spilt milk - every team's "at it" these days. If we're relying on a last min pen that shouldn't have been given to keep us out of the bottom 2 ... that shows how low we've fallen. They need to get up and get on with it.

Maybe not but it clearly is - as seen by the wad of videos of long forgotten Celtic players diving in response to their moaning yesterday. The battle with diving has been fought and lost, I just wish everyone wouldn't be so hypocritical about it.

All I will say is Scott McDonald.....I love the guy, but he could get a gold medal for some of his dives (Mind you most of them are to win free kicks, not penalties).

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    County got a useful point from Celtic - hilarious penalty in the last minute. Telly says Liam Boyce suspended for our game due to yellows, which is a wee boost, and Schalk will certainly be out as well once the compliance officer gets involved.
    Hilarious???? Wee typo there, I think. I was nearly through the telly!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)