+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: To be Taken over or Not taken over

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on 'No to the takeover"

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    There seems to be some who are totally opposed to it without even listening to what is on the table. If those on the board are cosy in their Directors Box seats, which I hear, I'd ask them to consider the club not their chuffing seats. I haven't a clue who the guys were on Friday handing out the fliers, I know two ST holders who ripped theirs up. I am quite happy to wait for the Q & A session 2 weeks on Thursday, I wish those who say No would do the same.
    I agree and also with Lancer about Fan representation on The Board. It's one thing for Eisner to be 'impressed' with how supporters saved the club, but he needs to respect it.

I also agree that fan representation on the Board is my line in the sand about the takeover. I can see no reason for this not to happen - unless things will be discussed that might be to the detriment of the club and the new board would not wish for these to be made public, after all one representative is unlikely to be able to influence major decisions. But I am willing to hear the arguments at the Q&A. I am a cynic and after our experiences and those of, say, Charlton, Blackpool, Leyton Orient, et al I believe it is right to proceed with caution.

Well said my friend

Still feel very underwhelmed with the "offer" on the table.......still feel there are more questions that need clarification.......like

Why no direction from the PST/Board with regard to the "offer" from Eisner? (Never held of a board not offering advice/comment to a takeover offer).
    Why such a low valuation of the Club? (Surely it must be worth more now that we have no debt, have our own training ground, academy etc).
    Why has the PST/Board only now come out painting what appears to be a "doom and gloom" picture of the state of the ground? (So much for transparency!). There appears to be "mixed" messages from different board members regarding this issue!

My opinion on the "Heritage" board hasn't changed...........put it in a signed legal contract that the name of the Club, Colours, Nickname etc cannot be changed.......have visions of several personnel covered in cobwebs sitting in a room being told periodically that "nothing has changed"! It's a token gesture by Eisner to placate those fans that want a PST member on the board. (Which isn't going to happen as Eisner wants total control).
    No commitments for a redeveloped ground or a new stadium.........although I do accept that he promises to sort out the " pressing" ground safety issues.
    No guarantees from Eisner that he won't separate the ground from the Club etc.
    No guarantees from Eisner over the Club badge........

Hopefully the meeting at the Guildhall will hopefully clarify a few of the "issues" raised........it's certainly going to be interesting!!

Feel likewise underwhelmed Phil and I can vouch for a good friend of mine who feels likewise. I am not in the City Thursday evening due to a previous commitment so will leave it like that till after the gathering. Before I vote I shall read carefully what is posted on line and printed in the media, then chat to a few at Fratton Saturday. Then and only then shall I decide.

Can I add my underwhelmedness to you two guys. I have said before that my line in the sand is PST representation on the board but I now have another line in the sand (if that is possible, maybe it's just a longer line in the sand). Who will be CEO of the club? We need, in my opinion, someone who understands the club ethos, who knows football in this country, is good at his job and as I believe we already have that person in place, I can see no reason to look further. I shall be interested to hear what Mr. Eisner has to say.

Just to add to the mix.......Peter Lee (Club President) is now making himself heard.......interesting article but his comments on the stadium are in my opinion worrying. Yet again absolutely no mention of redeveloping the ground and increasing capacity or building a new stadium........only confirmation that ME is prepared to sort out the safety issues currently affecting the ground. For me personally there has to be a commitment to do one or the other. We cannot carry on applying first aid to Fratton Park......if ME is serious about taking Pompey up the leagues and even into the Premiership we need to be prepared on and off the field with a stadium "fit for purpose" and not a patched up Fratton Park with a restricted capacity of 20,000! Am I missing something or asking to much? Surely ME must see that Fratton Park (sadly and even with the proposed 5 million spent on it) is not the future? I'll be glad when this week is over and we can get back to talking about the Football (on the pitch) and celebrate "our" Club gaining promotion! PuP!

I too read what Peter Lee had to say, interesting but I don't think you are asking too much. I recall when the Truss gathered the Adder talked knowledgeably about the same topic. Here we are 4 or 5 years on and we haven't moved forward. I have read elsewhere this week the idea by some of Burnaby Rd being a possible PFC Stadium one day. Those sports grounds are Crown owned and are the home of Navy Football, Rugby, Hockey, Cricket and Athletics. Despite an ever shrinking Navy, albeit with the arrival in the Dockyard later this year of the first carrier, I for the love of me can't see those grounds ever being sold off by the Crown.

A new ground built at Tipner would have been fantastic........driving into the City and seeing a unique modern Football (and music) venue would have been a sight to behold.........another missed opportunity me thinks!!! I live in hope that one day either Fratton Park is redeveloped (and dragged into the 21st Century) or a new stadium is built!

Yep that would have been ideal but indeed one of those 2 options has to happen. We cant carry on the way we are at the moment. I would love to see us stay at a much redeveloped Fratton Park but in the meantime our future will be discussed with the Fullback family pre match gathering Saturday around 5 p.m for the last time in 3 months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)