+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackstock

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    They're trying to pay him off and he's wanting more so I'm told.
    He's not in the match squad for today's game at Reading

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    He's not in the match squad for today's game at Reading
    They're resting him for next season when he will be League 1 leading goalscorer. We will then sell him on to a Championship side for 3 million pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Blackstock becoming a legal football agent would require him not to be current footballer, under FA rules,

given that his performances don't remotely resemble those of a professional footballer, I assume he is free to pursue his emerging career as a football agent?

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    I wonder if the club are hoping there is some legality around the agent issue, which they can just get rid without paying him off in any way.
    Who would bet against him getting himself fit, and applying himself, and being our top scorer next season?
    When the news broke that Blackstock was working has a unofficial football agent, ( which I posted about on the forum ), the club should have got shut of the man, under FA rules to be a football agent a person requires a FA licence, the rules state a current player can not be a football agent, so when Blackstock was acting has a agent, he broke FA rules, so surely gives the Millers the right to cancel his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    When the news broke that Blackstock was working has a unofficial football agent, ( which I posted about on the forum ), the club should have got shut of the man, under FA rules to be a football agent a person requires a FA licence, the rules state a current player can not be a football agent, so when Blackstock was acting has a agent, he broke FA rules, so surely gives the Millers the right to cancel his contract.
    Was that proven though. I think they would have done, if it was proven. Not sure about the legality of it, if it's, at the moment, just accusation.

whatever the state of play, what a right mess we've managed to create again - Schofield scenario yet again

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    whatever the state of play, what a right mess we've managed to create again - Schofield scenario yet again
    The only difference is, for the level we were at then, Schofield looked like a decent player!

I hope this Blackstock business isn't the reason Warne is now saying that 90% of the current squad will be retained for next season.
    If Blackstock stays then presumably his wages will account for an unhealthy proportion of the budget and if he's paid off then presumably the settlement will account for an unhealthy proportion of the budget.
    Talk about between a rock and a hard place.
    Thanks for your help Mr Stubbs 😠

A dickie bird said Dex' was on 6k....and perhaps with the relegation less next year....Having arrived in a free transfer he's just an average earner.....on that money......

How much do you say he's on Mellow ?

The man will be a revelation next year. A born again striker with fire in his belly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast