+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Has Paul Warne been to the same School of Bullshine as Tony Stewart?
    Only last week our newly appointed manager was telling us that even the players under contract were not safe.
    Now he is saying that 90% of the bunch of losers who've lost game after game after game are to be retained for next season.
    Plenty of reasons to be optimistic then 😕

Totally agree Mellow. I had optimistically hope that once given the job Warne would toughen up and have a proper clear out. We lose every week for heaven's sake ! If 90% of that lot are still here next season the portents are ominous. They are nowhere near good enough. His retained list will give a good indication of how lily livered he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Totally agree Mellow. I had optimistically hope that once given the job Warne would toughen up and have a proper clear out. We lose every week for heaven's sake ! If 90% of that lot are still here next season the portents are ominous. They are nowhere near good enough. His retained list will give a good indication of how lily livered he is.
    I agree Timber,Warne had the chance to play Bray, who we have bought and hardly seen him at all as yet and he plays Mattock who is not good enough but leaves a lad on the bench who also has been brought in and not used.Somebody is not good at their job.Is it the recruitment manager or PW?Also,if PW has been told by the chairman to keep 90% of the squad we are up .... creek for next season,just like Chezzy!!!!!!.

Name:  double-facepalm.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  16.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Name:  double-facepalm.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  16.8 KB
    I find laughing helps

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    We really need some players who are fit enough to play the FULL season though.... ok, with suspensions, flu, etc it might not be the full 46 league games, but 35-40 surely isn't too much to ask? We don't seem to have anybody like that left at our club!
    Flu? Surely all professional sportsmen now have annual flu jabs.

There are usually several influenza viruses in circulation at any time - can't always be sure that you've covered all bases...I meant "flu" as a general viral infection term - wasn't intending to go into this much detail, but it would include rhinoviruses, etc ie "common cold" type viruses, not as nasty as influenza, but constatntly mutating and difficult to zap.... still might affect match selection or performance though
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-04-2017 at 11:30 PM.

I heard none of our players are quick enough to catch a cold anyway.

Just been watching C5 highlights, CAM..... whoever was marking Grabban was standing too far away and was too slow to react to stop him shooting (easy to score a "worldy" , Warney, when the opposition do that), other highlights showed Mattock, several times. standing too far off opposition attacker and allowing him to cross, unchallenged.... "car crash" tv repeated in just about every game this season - yes, the lads "couldn't have done any better"

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Just been watching C5 highlights, CAM..... whoever was marking Grabban was standing too far away and was too slow to react to stop him shooting (easy to score a "worldy" , Warney, when the opposition do that), other highlights showed Mattock, several times. standing too far off opposition attacker and allowing him to cross, unchallenged.... "car crash" tv repeated in just about every game this season - yes, the lads "couldn't have done any better"
    mike you dont recognise the player who was marking grabban? but know mattocks name (ex wednesday) are you sure your a miller?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast