+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next season: central midfield players

Next season: central midfield players

Whichever league we are in, we really are going to have to find creative central midfielders.
    Since Dunny's retirement, we just haven't found the right person.
    Cairney was promising, but inconsistent. (To be fair, he was often played out of position). The others tried have been workmanlike at best.
    We have two very talented youngsters in Tomlinson and Rankin-Costello, but both of them are a bit lightweight, physically. Do we go with one/both of them or do we need to try and find an experienced player who is also a natural leader? Obviously, the latter is not easy, and we all remember the Danny Murphy experience.
    I'm tempted to go with home-grown. What do you think?

Mulgrew and Guthrie would be a good partnership in league one
    our main priority is ridding this club of far too many players robbing a living off of us
    I have openly spoke of the player's needed to be shown the door
    we will need to sign nobody but cleverly use youth with the very few good players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    our main priority is ridding this club of far too many players robbing a living off of us
    we will need to sign nobody but cleverly use youth with the very few good players we have.
    Robin - I agree that those two would make a decent combination, but I would still like to see someone with a naturally attacking, creative spark. In our situation, that's unlikely to come from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Robin - I agree that those two would make a decent combination, but I would still like to see someone with a naturally attacking, creative spark. In our situation, that's unlikely to come from outside.

Honestly we will have enough in youth and senior players(after much needed clear out)to be in the play off mix
    if we go down of course.

Endorse your sentiments completely,robin. Venkys still havent learned their lesson of buying expensive stalwarts clambering onto the treatment table - expensive in wages if not transfer fees. If we have the 9th biggest wage bill in the championship,go with youth - after all the youngsters never get a chance if we are always picking up high wage "free transfers" and the development players still have their reputations to make,hence great incentives to perform.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)