+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Will Rovers stay up

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL. Will you stay up

POLL. Will you stay up

Yes ..

Probably..

50/50

Maybe! (really could have done with a win today though)
    Ok I vote Yes because Notts Florist & Birmingham look worse teams right now.

No
    too many dropped points at home.

After the failure to beat B. City, I'm afraid I'll have to put myself in the "No" camp.

This is now very serious, Aucks appears to be throwing the towel in ! This is the very first time I can recall him losing faith.
    I am going 50/50 simply because this poor squad seems to be able to find something 'away from home' that they can't at Ewood.
    My instinct tells me that they may just turn in a couple of unexpected results on their final travels even though there could well be another 'damp squib' at home.
    There is some concern that TM is not quite the mastermind that we would hope, and that may well be true. But for me he now knows it is almost impossible to get a good 90 mins out of far too many of this squad of players, so with that he is forced to tinker with his set up more than he would like.
    This squad has made it abundantly clear all season that they're simply not up to the standard required, thus we are where we deserve to be. If we falter, we have no one to blame but ourselves, (that's Venkys).

How things have changed in a matter of days. Brum are in freefall and Forest are shaky so it's now in your hands.

A couple of problems
    forest have an ok run in and Birmingham have huddersfield who have managed to balls up against all our relegation rivals
    so I think we will need to win at least 2 out of the 3
    possible but pretty unlikely given our inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    This is now very serious, Aucks appears to be throwing the towel in ! This is the very first time I can recall him losing faith.
    I am going 50/50 simply because this poor squad seems to be able to find something 'away from home' that they can't at Ewood.
    My instinct tells me that they may just turn in a couple of unexpected results on their final travels even though there could well be another 'damp squib' at home.
    There is some concern that TM is not quite the mastermind that we would hope, and that may well be true. But for me he now knows it is almost impossible to get a good 90 mins out of far too many of this squad of players, so with that he is forced to tinker with his set up more than he would like.
    This squad has made it abundantly clear all season that they're simply not up to the standard required, thus we are where we deserve to be. If we falter, we have no one to blame but ourselves, (that's Venkys).
    Yes - natural optimism has finally failed me, Despair. I really thought we HAD to win the BC game. It's amazing how we've managed to stay just below the line for so long, almost - as you say - as if the manager has been less significant than the squad itself.
    I do agree, though, that we look better away than at home, so there is still hope. If TM is right that a blatant penalty was missed by the officials, that, in itself, might be enough to condemn us. We certainly haven't come out on the right side of this season's dodgy decisions, which hasn't helped.
    Bottom line, however, has been our inability to close games out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)