+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's 'scores on the doors'...

Ince needs service and people to lay the ball off to, we were very static yesterday and the guy has been, apart from Carson our best player this season, I enjoy having a player in the side who can produce something out of nothing and who gets more right than he gets wrong, but he can't pull the team together by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Ince needs service and people to lay the ball off to, we were very static yesterday and the guy has been, apart from Carson our best player this season, I enjoy having a player in the side who can produce something out of nothing and who gets more right than he gets wrong, but he can't pull the team together by himself.
    That's a fair assessment, given that he is a winger we can't really rely on him to pull the team together. Not everyone can be a leader and it's fair to leave him out of that bracket.

Strange game, could not understand Huddersfields approach, especially after scoring early and our confidence being low.
    Pretty much agree with the ratings but can't help noticing that you did not score the manager..
    I am not going to knock him but what has he really changed? Still no movement from anyone, same old square and backwards.. Looked pretty much the same as under Pearson and Mac.
    Three subs was brave I agree but I want to see more from Rowett once he gets his team in. If he gets his team in.
    I hear conflicting things about GRs preferred style of play but one thing is for sure, if the Melon does not like it he will be goneski.

It was difficult to see what else we could have done really. When a team has 1 shot in 92 minutes and plays with discipline, they are going to be really difficult to score against. In fact the best way is to try long shots and hope for a worldy or a lucky deflection. Ince was constantly closed down and until Butterfield came on, there was no one else capable from shooting from distance.

They made Burton look reckless in all out attacking away from home.

I didn't score the manager because it barely seems fair at the moment Angry. Having been away this was the first time I'd seen Rowett's Derby and I was disappointed. Agree with you, it seemed a case of 'same old, same old'...but I'll reserve judgement until he's had some time to make changes in the summer. I think this group of players seem enormously difficult to manage, you just never know whether they're going to turn up or not and it seems to have been like that for years now. So frustrating and I'm amazed you carry on making the effort given the distance you must travel, but although I remain optimistic about GR I doubt we can draw real conclusions until next autumn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)