+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Martin

Chris Martin

Seems Wolves may have rekindled their interest in Mr. M and have possibly made an opening gambit of £7m.
    Don't know how interested Fulham still are after all the shenanigans but also a fair few goals.
    Imagine we're ultimately looking at £9-£10m so, should he stay or should he go (now)...keep him and have the Martin way as one alternative or cash in and invest. Thoughts.

Wheres R4J when we need him to tell us that he's signed for Wolves already. I really miss that guy.

If we could get 10m for him Id be overjoyed. I cant see how he and Vydra can play together so one or the other should be off.

Dont really mind who but we would get more rebuilding capital by selling CM

He's gone...let it go and just be thankful.

£10m and £40k per week is certainly tempting especially with a player who polarises opinions so much - 'just what we need' v 'lazy, lacking mobility and bad attitude' (bit of both imo) - be interesting but hope it doesn't drag on too much. Can't see Wolves taking both him and Weimann, hardly worked out for us together did they? Think it needs sorting sooner rather than later so Rowett can start building a 'joined up' squad rather than the collection of individuals we've acquired over the last two or three years.

I don't think he will fit into the style of play Rowett will have in mind. I could be wrong, I often am with football predictions.

Please predict Forest will stay up KCG

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Please predict Forest will stay up KCG
    Happy to oblige: Forest will stay up. I do, sincerely, hope I am wrong!

He's a good player, I never felt that his head dropped even when others were having howlers. He's going to be hard to replace, and I actually think he would suit Rowett as he adds physicality, and is pretty good at all the little knock downs. If I remember right, he played in a pair up front with Norwich before they were promoted, so doesn't have to be the lone ranger or tip of a 4 3 3.

Real tough decision, not many players have his goal scoring record in this division, and he adds so much more to a team. But if Wolves / Fulham get into a bidding war and leave us with £10mil to reinvest, it could be a good sale. Just as long as we don't buy Butterfield / Johnson / Vydra / Anya / Olsen (insert our staring 11)...etc types.

Sell, sell, sell. He is not what we need going forward..
    Yesterday's man. If Rowett wants to play a more pressing game then Martin will struggle. Impact sub at best.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    He's a good player, I never felt that his head dropped even when others were having howlers. He's going to be hard to replace, and I actually think he would suit Rowett as he adds physicality, and is pretty good at all the little knock downs. If I remember right, he played in a pair up front with Norwich before they were promoted, so doesn't have to be the lone ranger or tip of a 4 3 3.

Real tough decision, not many players have his goal scoring record in this division, and he adds so much more to a team. But if Wolves / Fulham get into a bidding war and leave us with £10mil to reinvest, it could be a good sale. Just as long as we don't buy Butterfield / Johnson / Vydra / Anya / Olsen (insert our staring 11)...etc types.
    Kind of given up on Butterfield and not sure about Olsen but I'm still optimistic about the other three if we play to their strengths.
    If all our left backs are ever fit I'd make Olsen third choice behind Forsyth and Lowe but I'm not sure the former will ever achieve the level of fitness that is crucial to his game and Lowe seems injury prone for one so young.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Sell, sell, sell. He is not what we need going forward..
    Yesterday's man. If Rowett wants to play a more pressing game then Martin will struggle. Impact sub at best.
    I would agree, anything over £7 million and his wages off the bill, would be good business. Nugent and Vydra could form a very useful partnership IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)