+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your football wish list for any given season

Your football wish list for any given season

Now 16/17 is effectively done attention will no doubt turn to next season. But are our individual dreams actually different year on year? Having no interest in football where it doesn't impact Derby (eg I never watch prem football or England games) my wish list is very Derby focused. In order:

Derby champions. If not
    Derby promoted in second place. If not
    Derby promoted via playoffs although I'm not sure I even want to contemplate this after the heartbreak of previous years. If not
    Derby avoid relegation
    Derby finish above Forest
    Derby beat Forest home and away
    Derby beat Leeds home and away
    Derby play football attractive enough that I don't feel like asking for a refund after every game
    Derby continue to attract attendances large enough to make me proud to be a Ram no matter how ****e the team are
    Derby win at least some of their TV matches
    Derby retain the same manager all season, and if not at least Billy Davies not reappointed

Anyone else as big a dreamer as I?

Lewis Hamilton to win 4th WDC

Agree with the rather insular approach AF. Dont give a toss about overbloated premiership and in many ways I dont really care to see the Rams in it as we would just be whipping boys to most teams. Leicester may have set an example to follow but I doubt lightning can strike twice. Sooner be a medium big fish in a small pond.

Would be rather nice to win the championship and turn down promotion!

Beating Forest is of course number ywo priority but it would be nice to see them relegated this season to make up for our failure!

Tedn to agree, although i do enjoy watching top class players not bothered for which team, its just nice to see players that can

Pass to a player in the same team ona consistent basis.
    Actually pass forward.
    Score good goals by either shooting when able or getting into a position to receive a pass.

Don't agree we would be whipping boys if we go up, there is no reason why we would not be able to emulate at least Burnley, or join Stoke, Southampton and West brom as established premier league teams given the right planning and player recruitment..

A team that looks interested week in week out...individuals that appear proud to wear the shirt...a philosophy that translates possession into chances...and a new club song please, if 'Steve Bloomer's watching' he's probably as hacked off as the rest of us by now so please get rid of the dirge and bring back the Dambusters.

I would like a whole new defence

Three points home and away from Sheffield Wednesday EVERY season

For as many years as I can remember, WIN THE F.A. CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting avatar there Roger, a sort of super hero cactus type phallice.

It is rather novel but is based on the superhero of my name. Ramanag reckons its a dickhead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)