+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which contracted player could get the axe?

Which contracted player could get the axe?

You've missed out O'Donnell and Price neither of which are very good...

Price can't hold a weak shot and how many times have we seen him push a shot aside and not gather it resulting in a goal?

O'Donnell will not come off his line and dominate the box and relies on others to clear the ball... okay on distance stopping but does not fill his back four with confidence.....

Either one could go for me allowing Warne to bring in a more experienced keeper the other staying as back up...

Belaid out of them with Price added in, he doesn't want to be here anyway

Blackstock and Fisher should both be shown the door in my opinion.

Blackstock, Price, Fisher & one of Taylor or Forde either aren't a R winger. Broadfoot & Frecks sadly been great for us but injuries have took hold. Belaid can go.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Blackstock, Price, Fisher & one of Taylor or Forde either aren't a R winger. Broadfoot & Frecks sadly been great for us but injuries have took hold. Belaid can go.
    Back to Taylor.... alright at going forward but has trouble cutting inside and crossing ...having said that I would keep him and give young Bailey- King a run on the right wing... this would give both a challenge for the position...,

We have a lot of young talent out there and I don't get why Warne isn't looking at them now we're down..

I suspect that Warne is close to most of the players which is reflected in his constant praise despite defeat after defeat. I am concerned that he will not be ruthless in the summer and will give this year's failures another opportunity. Offering new contracts to the likes of Wood and Mattock who are clearly way past their best but continue to get game time would be a catastrophic mistake in my eyes.

Wood - Kelly are by far the most culpable for this year's demise. Halford too but obviously that high earner went when these others should have.

OLD - old fashioned defenders dealing with smaller - brighter - sharper attackers
    has shown all their shortcomings this year.

Smallwood was dropped for obvious reasons but league one he'll do - plus with a good coach he'll progress - but where can we get a good coach from at this time of year !

Youth - WITH A GOOD COACH every time!

But we haven't got a good coach....PW has never polished any diamonds....and I have to add....YET!

But the odds are against it !

How can we afford an inexperienced manager at this stage of our clubs development....?

None of them unless someone buys them, we offer them on a free transfer which the player would need to agree to which would be a problem if the wages aren't as good or we pay their contract up for them to leave.

There is going to be no easy way to get shut of this seasons 'superstars' hence Warne's interview yesterday when he said 90% of the squad will be here next season.

Fills you up with optimism for next season doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    None of them unless someone buys them, we offer them on a free transfer which the player would need to agree to which would be a problem if the wages aren't as good or we pay their contract up for them to leave.

There is going to be no easy way to get shut of this seasons 'superstars' hence Warne's interview yesterday when he said 90% of the squad will be here next season.

Fills you up with optimism for next season doesn't it?
    We need to remember that in league 1 you can only spend 70% of your income on player's wages. Even if all the squad has a 25% cut in their contracts, our current squad will be well over that. We will 100% have to get Blackstock and maybe 1or 2 others off the wage bill in order to give Warne any room to bring people in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast