+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to our neighbours from the east

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou View Post
    Hats off, credit where it's due, fair play.

After an extended period in the lower leagues, it is actually pretty good to see them finally secure promotion.

Even I have to doff my cap and admit that I admire the efforts by those a few miles along the '27 - it really is great for south coast football and gets us another step closer to reinstating some local rivalry between our respective clubs.

Congratulations Brighton..
    I would agree with that.

Ah, another trophy for Pompey, whilst Brighton choke like all other S Coast clubs. All four divisions now won by Pompey, compared to just the one Division 3 for you lot. So that's another 4-1!!

Last 40 years, Pompey 3 Divisional Titles and an FA CUP. You lot??? You wanna talk Paintpot?

I love looking at your wiki honours page.....the phrase 'Runners Up' appears rather too often!!

"Ah, another trophy for Pompey, whilst Brighton choke like all other S Coast clubs" ...says cheesedickmart.

Top class comedy, Brighton "choke" by getting into the Premiership.
    Saints "choke" by getting to a major final and finishing in the top half of the premiership.
    Bournemouth "choke" whilst having a great season and consolidating their place as a Prem' club.

Poopey?..well they win the FOURTH division, whoop, whoop, and their number one fan comes onto the Saints website romancing about our wiki page??

Still credit where it is due, back in the big time. Walsall, Bury, Northampton, lock up your daughters, the cheesedick is coming to town with his 6.57 posse, ready to take over the third division.

They will p*ss that league....honest.

You couldn't make it up.......

What would you know about p*ssing leagues? Other than Division 3 in 1960, you've not won anything? ANYTHING!!

We now find ourselves in the same division you couldn't win just 6 years ago.

It must be tough going through life never really celebrating anything substantial. ANYTHING!!

The football league is full of teams with a great history, and much better than the Skates. Ask any what they would wish for their team and it would be to compete against the best each week. Football history is the cushion when today bites you on the backside.

Well that's L2 pissed, onwards and upwards, we'll probably piss L1 too.

Things we've pissed in the last 40 years:
    League 2
    League 1
    Championship
    FA Cup

Things Scum have pissed in the last 40 years:
    Paintpot!!

But you know, so long as you get to play the likes of Watford, Hull and Bournemouth each week, who cares if you never piss anything???? ANYTHING!!

I wish you two would piss off...

That's not very neighbourly!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart View Post
    League 2
    League 1
    Championship
    FA Cup
    Football is a funny old game.
    Poor old chiswicksafart sat in his armchair, dribbling over the last 40 years of his teams heroics, dreaming of all the games he has read about.

When the mighty Saints were in div 1 it was our lowest position in my lifetime, for portsmouth it is progress, a league they tried for years to attain to.... herculean struggles against Cheltenham and Torquay have earned them the right to be where they belong.

Well done.

The reality is Saints fans have had mainly 40 years of watching some of the best players in the country in our team, from Channon and Keegan through to Le Tiss, and we have seen a few half decent managers. Admittedly not the likes of Terry Fenwick or Tony Adams....but there you go!

I would have liked to have had a few more proper trophies but for me watching my team beat the best on a weekly basis more than compensates for not having such a shiny silverware collection as other local teams.

League 2
    League 1
    Championship
    FA Cup

Speechless!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast