+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local media censorship?

Local media censorship?

Recently there was some criticism of local media on Millers MBs for adopting a less-than-critical approach to reporting RUFC affairs. Criticism was particularly barbed on Banter. It may be my imagination and could be purely coincidental but JC and PD both appear to have stopped posting on that site. I don't post on Banter but if JC and PD confirm that they have deliberately stopped posting there it would imo be an unfortunate step. Perhaps they could clarify the position?

I bet they're just gagging to tell us

I agree with some criticism they got but the abuse was out of order and I don't blame them if they have shut up shop on banter

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I agree with some criticism they got but the abuse was out of order and I don't blame them if they have shut up shop on banter
    Abuse on Banter? Surely not! I thought they set up that site so everyone could be nice to each other 😀😀😀

The post the writer from The Star that got slated on here for was one of the worst pieces of 'journalism' about the club I've ever read.

He fully deserved all the abuse thrown at him for having the gall to put that in print.

I thought it was one of his finest pieces and that the Daily Mail would come poaching

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Abuse on Banter? Surely not! I thought they set up that site so everyone could be nice to each other ������
    They still moan that the reason they left here was because of the abuse

A poster called Nellino has been at it with a few posters on there. Advice from members is he should post on here, where abuse is the norm.

They're obsessed with this board trying to justify that board and how it was set up by a then mod on here. It was a disgraceful act by Exeter Miller in my opinion.

I think overall this is a fairly pleasant board these days and their criticism of this board now is uncalled for.

Its also dead on there compared to this, miles better on here.

I have criticised the local journalists.

For me I think they're out of order using this board to promote their match blogs JV and The Advertiser. Done in the spirit of protecting the Matchthread.
    I don't like the way some of them don't respond to questions asked of them on stories they post. I can understand that they're busy doing their job of work but so are other members. I would encourage further interaction in the spirit of the board. Good knowledge is better than rumour.
    I think that although Paul Davis has openly said that TS is open to him and his colleagues TS drew a line in the sand when he banned The Advertiser for running a story. We must remember that we're not a Premier league club so other reporters from the same paper will not dig out stories against the club. We can't expect that Paul Davis or any other journalist to do anything to risk being allowed near the team, manager or any press conferece.

Like I said, I would like further participation in the threads/stories they start.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 18-04-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: The Friendly MillersMad

Like I said last week when it first appeared, on matchdays the MM motto shoul be "F#@k the blog, follow the Frog"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast