Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
I wish you wouldn't let Roger convince you so easily. He isn't an economics expert and proves it when he says the Tories have by and large controlled borrowing. They have done no such thing.

They have borrowed £1 TRILLION since 2010 and that was largely connected to QE which went into the pockets of the very wealthy; you know the people who bust the economy in the first place. If they had invested that in UK PLC & public services we would have had a return on our money and paid off at least part of the debt.

Just refer to the link I gave you earlier, which gives you plenty of ammo to answer Roger.
Wow...I think I've just been patronised.
Roger doesn't convince me that easily, KCG. But he does talk some sense when he's got his serious head on.
I agree with most of what you say too including every word of that second paragraph and the link was excellent.
Economics isn't my strong point and I find it worthwhile to try and take as many points of view - excluding those from the remotely far right - on board as possible and Roger I find interesting largely because he's such a contradiction...don't think I've ever encountered something approaching compassionate fascism before.
As for tomorrow...be in no doubt, I know what I want from the election and bottom of my wish list is an increased Tory majority.