+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Ot- May calls for election in June.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    I wish you wouldn't let Roger convince you so easily. He isn't an economics expert and proves it when he says the Tories have by and large controlled borrowing. They have done no such thing.

They have borrowed £1 TRILLION since 2010 and that was largely connected to QE which went into the pockets of the very wealthy; you know the people who bust the economy in the first place. If they had invested that in UK PLC & public services we would have had a return on our money and paid off at least part of the debt.

Just refer to the link I gave you earlier, which gives you plenty of ammo to answer Roger.
    Wow...I think I've just been patronised.
    Roger doesn't convince me that easily, KCG. But he does talk some sense when he's got his serious head on.
    I agree with most of what you say too including every word of that second paragraph and the link was excellent.
    Economics isn't my strong point and I find it worthwhile to try and take as many points of view - excluding those from the remotely far right - on board as possible and Roger I find interesting largely because he's such a contradiction...don't think I've ever encountered something approaching compassionate fascism before.
    As for tomorrow...be in no doubt, I know what I want from the election and bottom of my wish list is an increased Tory majority.

Worry not rA!! Dustybin is in, May is on her way!!
    Not forgetting my little windfall!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Worry not rA!! Dustybin is in, May is on her way!!
    Not forgetting my little windfall!!
    Shouldn't go booking that holiday just yet mac. Seems likely we'll get precisely what I, for one, didn't want.
    Looking like your next bets might have to be on the new Home Secretary, Chancellor and Labour leader.

Thanx rA!! Bugger.........bugger bugger bugger!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...eral-election/

Some unique polling stations. Pretty neat. Imagine having your home as a polling station!
    But certainly not in Rattea's home...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Shouldn't go booking that holiday just yet mac. Seems likely we'll get precisely what I, for one, didn't want.
    Looking like your next bets might have to be on the new Home Secretary, Chancellor and Labour leader.
    Oh I don't know, a labour victory was a long shot and a hung parliament is not a bad thing, it means that the more extreme policies cannot be introduced, never liked governments with big majority's they ignore the 50% plus voters who didn't vote for them.

Most likley here is May will have to tread very carefully and its less likely that there will be a hard Brexit.

As for relying on those bigots and fascists in the DUP, good luck with that one May!

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)