shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are there any major investors

Are there any major investors

Are there any investors out there with the cash and the where with all to come in and rescue our club ? There are new fans groups set up who all appear to have the best interests of dufc at heart but no news of any figurehead or white knight for us to get behind . Make no bones about it with ST at the helm our club is in a rapid decline and heading to oblivion , there must be someone or a consortium out there who can rescue us and take the club back where it belongs .

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    Are there any investors out there with the cash and the where with all to come in and rescue our club ? There are new fans groups set up who all appear to have the best interests of dufc at heart but no news of any figurehead or white knight for us to get behind . Make no bones about it with ST at the helm our club is in a rapid decline and heading to oblivion , there must be someone or a consortium out there who can rescue us and take the club back where it belongs .
    I'm hoping the deafening silence from the FU group is an indication that they are working feverishly behind the scenes to get someone of substance to come forward and reveals all. Sure someone on here, not sure if it was AP/FU who stated ST had knocked back an offer last year, and someone else had baulked at ST's price tag. If this did come from FU and they have knowledge of who these potential investors/owners are, one would hope they have been, or indeed are, in contact with them.

I would hope you are right but the absence of any news on having a tangible investor or investors will in my opinion hold back any group trying to impact change at Tannadice . We the fans need a real and positive scenario to take forward . I have read on here about offers that were knocked back and that ST's price was putting others off yet he has denied anyone having made him an offer , we need someone to step up and go public put ST in the public spotlight after what he said the other week and make him an offer and lets see where he really stands , does he have the clubs best interests at heart or just his own pocket .

FU hinted a few weeks ago that they had someone waiting in the wings, but the multibillionaire is obviously keeping his power dry until FU can get the time off work to organise a clubby and a buffet for their big public meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Tangerine View Post
    FU hinted a few weeks ago that they had someone waiting in the wings, but the multibillionaire is obviously keeping his power dry until FU can get the time off work to organise a clubby and a buffet for their big public meeting.
    How come you only come on here to have a go and dig at FU?

Whats your thoughts on the club just now?

I think it's more likely to be a consortium of interested parties. If so it could take a while to get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it's more likely to be a consortium of interested parties. If so it could take a while to get off the ground.
    there have been rumours of consortiums but never really anything tangible or concrete and never any names of those involved . I hope you are right and there is work going on behind the scenes to form such a group . As far as anybody critisicing any group such as FU at least they are trying to get something done perhaps not everyone agrees with their methods but I think we can all agree on their sentiments and lets be honest something needs done , we cannot go on the way we are for much longer .

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    How come you only come on here to have a go and dig at FU?

Whats your thoughts on the club just now?
    Thoughts are the same as everyone else -- totally soul destroying.

That's fair enough, I feel the same, I'm not part of any fans group but I'm gonna wait till I have a go at any groups as I want to see what these groups can put forward and want to give them all a chance

We are working on a new era for the club, nothing will happen until the season is over and the dust settles.

We will need to take stock of the reactions of the fans, what division we are in (lol), season tickets, and most importantly what comes from the boardroom

So we are no where nearer to an answer to the question posed at the top of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    So we are no where nearer to an answer to the question posed at the top of this thread.
    Was my thoughts exactly

I've thought for some time that if such a person or group exists they are waiting until Admin so they can acquire the club cheaper.

If that wasn't the case why have they not come into the public domain yet

It could be a group are in the process of getting organised, facilitated by one or more of the groups? Guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    We are working on a new era for the club, nothing will happen until the season is over and the dust settles.

We will need to take stock of the reactions of the fans, what division we are in (lol), season tickets, and most importantly what comes from the boardroom
    Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician responds with foundational good sense. In the meantime we can concentrate on what remains of the season. Potentially the team has a lot to play for, so the fewer distractions the better. Although our expectations on the playing front are low, there is no reason not to get behind the team whilst there is a chance we can achieve promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Yes we are a hell of a lot closer

Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician presents a very positive response; wisely at this time withholding disclosure of details. Meanwhile we must exercise due patience and show good faith.

That's good enough for me just now , appears positive I like many others looking forward a concrete planned being put in the public domain .