shopify analytics
+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: OT - 5 more years!

  1. #1

    OT - 5 more years!

    Well played Theresa! 5 more years of Conservative rule. Uncle Jeremy will get whitewashed like Michael Foot.
    Sorry Basie and TTR, the Greens and the Fruitcake Ukip, will be smothered. I think the Greens might pull a seat or 2, Ukip will win nought.
    Listen to our Dear Leader and vote Tory. Every vote for her, makes us stronger for Brexit.

    The future's bright, the future's Conservative!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Well played Theresa! 5 more years of Conservative rule. Uncle Jeremy will get whitewashed like Michael Foot.
    Sorry Basie and TTR, the Greens and the Fruitcake Ukip, will be smothered. I think the Greens might pull a seat or 2, Ukip will win nought.
    Listen to our Dear Leader and vote Tory. Every vote for her, makes us stronger for Brexit.

    The future's bright, the future's Conservative!
    I'm in a bit of a quandary here. Do I vote for the immediate future, ignore the long term one and vote Labour, or do I vote for the long term one and therefore Green, or do I return to Green lobbying at Friends of the Earth which would enable me to spread the Green message to all political parities. If I were stuck with Brexit then I would prefer to be in opposition anyway. There is no way I could be part of the Brexit negotiations and be part of a talk shop going on for years and costing 50 billion just to reinvent the wheel. It wouldn't be so bad if the negotiations were in the spirit of cooperation for the benefit of all, but that is hardly likely. I might even for once welcome the decision of the great British electorate who often refuse to be outguessed and be pawns in some politician's game who might just let the Tories score the biggest own goal in political history, but that might mean getting involved in Brexit.
    Last edited by RedBasie; 18-04-2017 at 02:07 PM.

  3. #3
    Ok fair enough. Elections are about choice. Even if I disagree with your choice, I must respect your right to make that choice. And more importantly that you vote. Not enough people do unfortunately.

    On another note, obe of my friends asked me of all people about hydrophonic farming of greens. Especially leafy green vegetables. He's got a small plot of land in the Philippines.
    His plan is to have a small fish pond that supplies the nutrient water, and use it for the plants.
    You have any idea where I go to look at the how and what about this? I have done the obvious Google search, but do you know where I can get a simple and easy to follow guide about this?
    And have you tried it?

  4. #4
    And yes, if this blows up and the Tories don't get a much better majority, May might be in for a rude shock. She might have to go. But given how bad Corbyn has been I can't fathom anything but an electoral humiliation for Labour.
    Although stranger things have happened, but Theresa May is the only real leader we've got, can you imagine a Boris Johnson led govt?

  5. #5
    People won't vote for Brexit and Labour lol,

    Text book move from Theresa May, smart.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Ok fair enough. Elections are about choice. Even if I disagree with your choice, I must respect your right to make that choice. And more importantly that you vote. Not enough people do unfortunately.

    On another note, obe of my friends asked me of all people about hydrophonic farming of greens. Especially leafy green vegetables. He's got a small plot of land in the Philippines.
    His plan is to have a small fish pond that supplies the nutrient water, and use it for the plants.
    You have any idea where I go to look at the how and what about this? I have done the obvious Google search, but do you know where I can get a simple and easy to follow guide about this?
    And have you tried it?
    No I haven't, though are plenty of hydrophonic guides with reviews on Amazon to choose from, if not then try contacting an Israeli kibbutz.

    What's the air quality like in your neck of the woods. I hear that there is a permanent smog due to unsustainable logging in your Forests. Sounds like you could do with a few tree huggers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by essexred52 View Post
    People won't vote for Brexit and Labour lol,

    Text book move from Theresa May, smart.
    Yeah smart. What a wonderful time to stay in opposition and let THEM clear up this whole Brexit mess. Then when they can't we'll step in and rebuild Jerusalem.
    Last edited by RedBasie; 19-04-2017 at 09:04 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    And yes, if this blows up and the Tories don't get a much better majority, May might be in for a rude shock. She might have to go. But given how bad Corbyn has been I can't fathom anything but an electoral humiliation for Labour.
    Although stranger things have happened, but Theresa May is the only real leader we've got, can you imagine a Boris Johnson led govt?
    Don't forget political parties are not static. Foot to Blair and back again. I wonder who our next Blair will be. I just hope whoever he/she is that they will be a socialist next time around and socialism is more acceptable to the electorate who will be much the wiser.

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    No I haven't, though are plenty of hydrophonic guides with reviews on Amazon to choose from, if not then try contacting an Israeli kibbutz.

    What's the air quality like in your neck of the woods. I hear that there is a permanent smog due to unsustainable logging in your Forests. Sounds like you could do with a few tree huggers.
    I spent most of my time in Singapore, a very modern city with lots of green and is very clean, unlike London.
    My friend has bought a patch of land in the Philippines which is not so clean if you're talking Manila, but he's bought his faraway. So it's ok there also.
    The smog or haze as they call it is in the Indonesian isles, is from deliberate fires. But there's now a much greater effort to curb it.

    I think he's got an idea now and is considering his options.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •