+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And this was the "big announcement"?

And this was the "big announcement"?

Sounds good to me?

What where you expecting??

Something a tad more attention-getting, like Monk and team getting a proper contract, ER buy-back (I know, pipe dream stuff), just something that means a bit more to all the supporters than a chance to save money for ST holders

Ahhhhh

so this isn't good news then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Ahhhhh

so this isn't good news then?
    For a minority of fans I suppose it is, hardly worthy of the hype though.

what hype? mustve missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by españablanco73 View Post
    what hype? mustve missed it...
    Stuff on "social media" triggered by the "#ALAW 18/4/17" overlay every time you went to the LUCKY official website and club tweets.

Something and nothing for anyone who doesn't have a season.

Ah, "social media"...........

Ah, "social media"...........
    Believe me, I'm as cynical of "social media" as anyone, but it was sparked by the clubs use of the enigmatic overlay, words, just a date and the ALAW hashtag, and as nature hates a vacuum, the space the overlay generated was always going to be filled with lots of speculation, just a shame it was and wide of the mark as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    For a minority of fans I suppose it is, hardly worthy of the hype though.
    A PR campaign can achieve many things – whether you want to add to the size of your audience reach, boost sales, or improve your brand's reputation.For me it would be list your aims, and set yourself measurable targets –eg such as increasing sales by 10% or .......................
    Whatever - it 'grabbed' you and probably grabbed many new sales too and was cost effective compared to expensive Press advertising.

Before social media I can remember years back charging around towns sticking up fly posters from the back of a Ford Transit advertising various bands I managed performing at venues where as now just click a button and job done

The cynical me thinks this was timed to keep the revenue coming in to give the club a healthy cash flow at the end of the season; announce this now with the dangling carrot of Premiership football and fans will let their emotions get the better of their wallets and in all the pending excitement season tickets get renewed. All went a bit tits up though with losing to Wolves and now being out of the playoffs.

Wasting your time trying to explain the obvious Mrs O, i mean, why would the club try to improve season ticket sales, what a daft idea!

Wasting your time trying to explain the obvious Mrs O, i mean, why would the club try to improve season ticket sales, what a daft idea!
    Sometimes BB, just sometimes, I wish you would look past the fairly easy, "let's poke at WTF" opportunity to what was being aaid in my post.

The mere fact that the club sought to use a famous acronym simply in order to get more revenue earlier from loyal fans, as opposed to doing anything (and I mean ANYTHING) that spoke to the fans and supporters over and above making more money out of fans who already pay some of the highest ticket prices in the division (more than some PL clubs charge) and doing so to the benefit of a minority of supporters who happen to have a season ticket.

Cynical money-making, not worthy of the use of the ALAW "badge". What happens next time they seek to use it? Fewer and fewer will pay attention, it's called stretching the brand and sometimes the stretch is unrecoverable.

Dont open yourself up to ridicule with dumbass comments then WTF. Without ticket sales, theres no club mate, LUFC wont survive on armchair fans alone, doesnt matter what line of business you are in you have to "sell" your product, simple fact.