+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Refs to be hauled out an explain their decisions

Time for Refs to be hauled out an explain their decisions

Hiding behind the smokescreen is only encouraging these idiots to make decisions based on guesswork or worse. Robertson should have been on telly to explain why he awarded a penalty when he was in a clear position to see no contact, and also explain why he booked the wrong player.

I don't think they should be dragged out in front of the full glare of TV cameras tbh. I think there should be analysis of decisions and an SFA ref spokesman to give the version of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    I don't think they should be dragged out in front of the full glare of TV cameras tbh. I think there should be analysis of decisions and an SFA ref spokesman to give the version of what happened.
    Disagree totally, any ref who is honest enough to admit to making a genuine mistake, wouldnt have a problem saying they now see where they went wrong, its the ones like Madden, Collum and Robertson who are dishonest and make decisions based on which club they are refereeing, that should worry.

f**k them they get paid enough

anybody can make a mistake, I accept that, but this is sheer incompetence or worse

add the penalty we didnt get agenst the hvvns( stonewaller) and one begins to wonder

and I dont give a flying funk if the leage is won by 30 points or a hundred points..if hes that stupid he shouldnt be reffing premier league games.. a part time sunday league ref wouldnt have given that,if they cant do their jobs fuvvvking move over and let somebody in who can

more to the point tho...was the linesman a deaf a dumb mute ffs...........whats the pointof them being their if they aint gonna call what they see.......reminds me of the semi v ICT 2 years back when the third official was 3 yards away from the most obvious hand ball I have ever seen in my 57 years,, and he reverted to the deaf dumb and blind act to

Thats why were paranoid indeed !!

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    f**k them they get paid enough

anybody can make a mistake, I accept that, but this is sheer incompetence or worse

add the penalty we didnt get agenst the hvvns( stonewaller) and one begins to wonder

and I dont give a flying funk if the leage is won by 30 points or a hundred points..if hes that stupid he shouldnt be reffing premier league games.. a part time sunday league ref wouldnt have given that,if they cant do their jobs fuvvvking move over and let somebody in who can

more to the point tho...was the linesman a deaf a dumb mute ffs...........whats the pointof them being their if they aint gonna call what they see.......reminds me of the semi v ICT 2 years back when the third official was 3 yards away from the most obvious hand ball I have ever seen in my 57 years,, and he reverted to the deaf dumb and blind act to

Thats why were paranoid indeed !!
    Get over it FFS. Until we introduce video technology, this will continue to be an issue.

Personally I hope video technology is introduced sooner rather than later. There's huge fortunes won and lost, not to mention people being put out of a job, on the strength of some very dubious decisions year after year. And even the pundits who suckle at the teat of Scottish Fitba accept Scottish Fitba is becoming more and more open to ridicule thanks to some absolutely bizarre officiating. This ties into reduced income in TV and sponsorship deals.

The quicker we have video evidence in use the better. And I don't buy the "it'll delay the game and have it all stop-start" pish either. See the delay after the penalty was awarded on Sunday with various players taking ages to calm down over and back. Simple decision from the 4th official watching on TV would have taken just seconds and been way quicker - it would also have led to calmer heads knowing that the right decision whatever it may be would be taken.

Ball over the line, and penalties initially, but I'd also like to see it used for Offsides in the event of a "goal". Let the linesman concentrate on spotting fouls or dives or which way the shy should go.

It might also help alleviate the paranoia knowing that the 4th Official will make a decision on TV evidence which will be available to all sides afterward.

Personally I hope video technology is introduced sooner rather than later. There's huge fortunes won and lost, not to mention people being put out of a job, on the strength of some very dubious decisions year after year. And even the pundits who suckle at the teat of Scottish Fitba accept Scottish Fitba is becoming more and more open to ridicule thanks to some absolutely bizarre officiating. This ties into reduced income in TV and sponsorship deals.

The quicker we have video evidence in use the better. And I don't buy the "it'll delay the game and have it all stop-start" pish either. See the delay after the penalty was awarded on Sunday with various players taking ages to calm down over and back. Simple decision from the 4th official watching on TV would have taken just seconds and been way quicker - it would also have led to calmer heads knowing that the right decision whatever it may be would be taken.

Ball over the line, and penalties initially, but I'd also like to see it used for Offsides in the event of a "goal". Let the linesman concentrate on spotting fouls or dives or which way the shy should go.

It might also help alleviate the paranoia knowing that the 4th Official will make a decision on TV evidence which will be available to all sides afterward.

its not just Scotland and its not just Celtic ( although we do get some fuvvvking shockers)

athletico madrid got a pen v leicester in their first round game that was 2 yards outside the box

I mean there has to be a referee watch, it seems certain refs can make mistake after mistake at the highest level and there never seem to be any direct personal sanctions or consequences.

I am not for crucifying people who make genuine mistakes.......but fuvvvk me there are millions at stake for clubs and punters alike,, in everyday life if sumone isnt good at their job they arent in it for to long,,why should this profession be any diffrent ?

unfortunitly the only sensible decision would be the introduction of TV replay ( like rugby and cricket and now baseball) it the only way !!

Introducing TV analysis would be a mistake, sometimes your team gets a decision in their favour, sometimes they don't. If you don't like it, go & watch Baseball or some other shyte.

We can't be stopping games every two minutes to analyse the decisions of the referee, it would totally kill the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Introducing TV analysis would be a mistake, sometimes your team gets a decision in their favour, sometimes they don't. If you don't like it, go & watch Baseball or some other shyte.

We can't be stopping games every two minutes to analyse the decisions of the referee, it would totally kill the game.

See this "We can't be stopping games every two minutes to analyse the decisions of the referee" nonsense is just that - nonsense. And it's regularly trotted out by the luddites who don't want things to change for the better. The rammy last weekend when Ross County were awarded a penalty took much longer to settle down than would have been the case had the 4th official spoken into the refs earpiece saying he made a mistake. Both sides would know that further remonstrations would be futile as it was called using video evidence by the 4th official.
    Boyce would have been taking the penalty (or not in this case) a lot quicker than he did last Sunday. And it would calm down the hotheads on both sides from feeling aggrieved or not being called a cheat or being cheated knowing that the video evidence was there to give the right decision.

"goals" could be rightly called back or allowed for marginal offside decisions
    "penalties" could be checked for contact before the ball and in or outside of the box

These are big decisions that change games and they need to be gotten right. Alas, more and more they're gotten wrong in Scottish fitba. I thought the ref on Sunday had done a decent job up to the time he awarded the penalty, and then it all got out of hand. He clearly lost the respect of the players and his composure with it, after being put in a no win situation by a cheat who clearly dived. The fact his linesman didn't put him right underlines just how useless some of these clowns can be.

And I heard that he got 850 quid for reffing the game. That's nice work if you can get it!

The English FA are bringing in video analysis for next season's FA Cup so inevitable the technology will be expanded if it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)