+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for Refs to be hauled out an explain their decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The English FA are bringing in video analysis for next season's FA Cup so inevitable the technology will be expanded if it works.
    Did you find that information on the Es*** FA's website, fatty?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The English FA are bringing in video analysis for next season's FA Cup so inevitable the technology will be expanded if it works.
    I believe under the English FA the referees need to declare an interest in a particular football team which means they'll never be allowed ref a competitive match involving said team. That protects the team involved and the ref himself from accusations of bias. It all seems rather sensible to me to be honest but listening to Nasal Keevins the other night in Scotland it would just descend into a "what school did you go to" question. I honestly believed Scotland in general had moved way beyond that, and even the antiquated SFA were beyond that kind of thing. According to Keevins though we're not :-(

Surely refs don't just follow one of two or three teams in Scotland. Would it not be possible to declare an interest in Team A, and ref all the other clubs but not Team A?

Half the enjoyment of Fitba is the rammies & debate over decisions, take that away & add the stopping/starting for tv evidence & you're looking at a different version of the game we know & love. People often watch slow motion replays on the telly & still disagree about decisions, what happens then, ask scientists to get involved? As I said earlier, if you don't like it, away & watch cricket or one of those daft American sports with the Budweiser advert every three minutes.

If the English FA are bringing it in, then that backs my point up even more, a bigger set of clowns you would be hard pushed to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Half the enjoyment of Fitba is the rammies & debate over decisions, take that away & add the stopping/starting for tv evidence & you're looking at a different version of the game we know & love. People often watch slow motion replays on the telly & still disagree about decisions, what happens then, ask scientists to get involved? As I said earlier, if you don't like it, away & watch cricket or one of those daft American sports with the Budweiser advert every three minutes.

If the English FA are bringing it in, then that backs my point up even more, a bigger set of clowns you would be hard pushed to find.
    And still you persist with the nonsense of adding time for stopping and starting when there'd be none.
    There's still plenty people enjoying sport knowing that the percentage of correct decisions is improving. Unlike you, I don't know anyone who goes along to a match to see how much the officials can get wrong. The vast majority of paying punters, and sponsors, and TV companies showing matches want to see who's the better team, who's scored the valid goals to win it. They don't go with the "I hope it's a controversial winner so we'll have something to talk about after" routine. In fact it's an oft repeated wish that folk say they hope that whatever the outcome it won't come down to a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    I believe under the English FA the referees need to declare an interest in a particular football team which means they'll never be allowed ref a competitive match involving said team. That protects the team involved and the ref himself from accusations of bias

Surely refs don't just follow one of two or three teams in Scotland. Would it not be possible to declare an interest in Team A, and ref all the other clubs but not Team A?
    This part in bold is utter, utter b0llocks.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    And still you persist with the nonsense of adding time for stopping and starting when there'd be none.

There's still plenty people enjoying sport knowing that the percentage of correct decisions is improving. Unlike you, I don't know anyone who goes along to a match to see how much the officials can get wrong. The vast majority of paying punters, and sponsors, and TV companies showing matches want to see who's the better team, who's scored the valid goals to win it. They don't go with the "I hope it's a controversial winner so we'll have something to talk about after" routine. In fact it's an oft repeated wish that folk say they hope that whatever the outcome it won't come down to a bad decision.
    How would the part in bold work then? Would they go back in time to watch the replays?

The second paragraph is just a load of utter shyte, of course I think Football should be fair but I don't think it's so unfair at the moment that it needs changing an awful lot. Sometimes referees get things wrong, life goes on.

How would the part in bold work then? Would they go back in time to watch the replays?

The second paragraph is just a load of utter shyte, of course I think Football should be fair but I don't think it's so unfair at the moment that it needs changing an awful lot. Sometimes referees get things wrong, life goes on.

if you think "of course Football should be fair" why are you railing so much against the introduction of video evidence? claiming that it would somehow cause a (currently smooth running?) game to become stop start, have endless delays and even infomercials or whatever those damn things are called?
    Nobody is suggesting doing away with fitba as we know it - just use a technology which already exists and is beamed into fans livingrooms anyway to ensure that the correct and fair (see above) decision is made. It's a very straight forward concept for all but the luddites.

If a ref declares he's a Hibs fan for instance, then as long as he's reffing games that don't involve Hibs then he's unlikely to get the accusations of bias he currently gets is he?

You really are getting all nervous and shifty about something that is for the betterment of the game. Nobody has anything to fear from transparency surely?

Aye, you're probably right.

Aye, you're probably right.
    Correct! Just bear that in mind in future and it'll prevent you from looking silly so often

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)