+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Corbyn will eclipse Rotherham's record losing streak

No it's not. But it is his fault that we do not have an effective opposition. No, actually it's the twerps who put him there.

Our NHS was being dismantled under Tory Blairs Labour, well the process was started PFI etc.. Along with many other forms of privatisation with many things Police, councils Schools (academes) etc...

If new Labour was in power now, we'd still be in this same mess, what's the point in going back to just another Tory party?

As pointless as being in perpetual opposition

I'll be voting Labour for the first time in a general election (not that it makes any difference round here) because for the first time for me (at 32YO) there an actual opposition party.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    They're already in a tax haven, and you know, you called them laudable goals, so why shouldn't they be valid, to add, the policies are by far and away the right ones for the British people, as a whole, for too long, for way too long has various gov't's puckered up to the super rich as you call them, it's time this country looked after it's own, and that's not a dig at immigrants either.
    This gov't has shat on working people from a large height for years and years, while shoving tax breaks for the rich.
    80% of policies the tories have implemented have benefitted the rich, why shouldn't we stop them farming money away from the country, it's a disgrace while foodbanks and homelesness are the only growth industry. NHS being shafted, social care shafted, everything we need as essential services being savagely cut....

It's all Corbyn's fault though....
    The problem I have is that they are espousing policies that will cost billions of pounds to implement yet are giving no effective way as to which these policies will be financed other than meaningless sound bites about taxing the super rich.

All points to even more borrowing which as a country we simply cannot afford.

Labour have got a hell of a lot to do before they can be seen as having a credible economic policy, without being able to demonstrate this they don't have a cat in hells chance of being elected.

Well, good luck with that. I will be voting Labour because that is what I have done for years. However, I realise that at the moment this is just an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    I'll be voting Labour for the first time in a general election (not that it makes any difference round here) because for the first time for me (at 32YO) there an actual opposition party.
    Here here, there's a real difference in Labour, and you know what, it's because of Corbyn, you can believe all the mainstream media's lies all you want, the fact is, that Corbyn is a principled politician, something this country has been sadly lacking for donkey's....

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    The problem I have is that they are espousing policies that will cost billions of pounds to implement yet are giving no effective way as to which these policies will be financed other than meaningless sound bites about taxing the super rich.

All points to even more borrowing which as a country we simply cannot afford.

Labour have got a hell of a lot to do before they can be seen as having a credible economic policy, without being able to demonstrate this they don't have a cat in hells chance of being elected.
    Cna i just point out, and this is a very very important FACT, the present gov't, and the coalition gov't before it, has borrowed more money than EVERY Labour gov't has borrowed in history, EVERY one. You tell me which is the borrowing party again????

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Here here, there's a real difference in Labour, and you know what, it's because of Corbyn, you can believe all the mainstream media's lies all you want, the fact is, that Corbyn is a principled politician, something this country has been sadly lacking for donkey's....
    Fine if you are happy never having political power. Principles without ruthlessness,the power to motivate, and unite disparate views will get you nowhere.The Parliamentary Labour Party is a ragbag shambles and will remain so under the leadership of Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Fine if you are happy never having political power. Principles without ruthlessness,the power to motivate, and unite disparate views will get you nowhere.The Parliamentary Labour Party is a ragbag shambles and will remain so under the leadership of Jeremy.
    It's not the leadership of Corbyn that is the issue though is it, it's the backstabbing PLP who are causing the issues, to be honest, they now have to stand up and be counted, and get behind him, don't you think?

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast