+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Corbyn will eclipse Rotherham's record losing streak

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Ah, that old chestnut, the little note left by a junior ex minister....come on, do you really think that was meant in a vicious way??

Talking about old chestnut, ah, the country was already broke then, shall we ask the question why??? Let's take a look at what the banking industry did for this country, just about ruined it to an extent that the whole country is suffering massively today, to be bailed out in billions by US, the taxpayer, yet this gov't STILL gives those same bankers every break going, time for the decent people in society to get some breaks, in my view.

You don't deny the deficit has gone up because you can't spin it back to Corbyn, simple as that.

Well, just for one, free school meals for kids in primary schools, a lot of which don't get a whole lot to eat. That will be paid for by a levy on grammar school entry.....
    No I don't deny the deficit has gone up because it is fact that it has.

You fail to address the fact that some of this is down to the previous labour administration by ignoring this part of my previous post altogether.

The free school meal thing is paid for by charging VAT on private school fees and again is sound bites, where is the sum that says to do it it will cost £x millions, VAT on private school fees will generate £y millions, £y - £x = the same or greater hence policy paid for.

I'm not talking about this I'm taking about the £ billions pledged to social housing, social care, the NHS, the schools, foreign aid, etc. how is this going to be paid for without additional borrowing?

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    No I don't deny the deficit has gone up because it is fact that it has.

You fail to address the fact that some of this is down to the previous labour administration by ignoring this part of my previous post altogether.

The free school meal thing is paid for by charging VAT on private school fees and again is sound bites, where is the sum that says to do it it will cost £x millions, VAT on private school fees will generate £y millions, £y - £x = the same or greater hence policy paid for.

I'm not talking about this I'm taking about the £ billions pledged to social housing, social care, the NHS, the schools, foreign aid, etc. how is this going to be paid for without additional borrowing?
    So, you just admitted that the free school meals has been costed, and now you're moving on to other subjects, fine.

You don't deny the deficit has gone up, then why arent you asking the gov't why, why aren't you asking them why they've borrowed so much? why aren't you chasing the gov't for their 'costings' like you are Labours?

Here's something controversial for you, how about dumping trident renewal and spend that money on something useful, like the welfare of the country??? I think that would just about cover every one of your points there.

Probably because the media don't talk about the ridiculous amount of Tory borrowing, it's all out attack on Corbyn for the crime of being honest.

So, you just admitted that the free school meals has been costed, and now you're moving on to other subjects, fine.

You don't deny the deficit has gone up, then why arent you asking the gov't why, why aren't you asking them why they've borrowed so much? why aren't you chasing the gov't for their 'costings' like you are Labours?

Here's something controversial for you, how about dumping trident renewal and spend that money on something useful, like the welfare of the country??? I think that would just about cover every one of your points there.
    No I didn't say the free school thing had been costed I said show me it has been, not just an empty sound bite, it hasn't been demonstrated just suggested one can pay for the other.

It's safe to say the government are not making the kinds of spending promises that labour are hence they are not saying they are going to spend anywhere near what labour are saying they are going to spend.

Also the governments spending plans were set out in the last budget so are a matter of public record if you want to see what they are looking to achieve.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need Trident and the money spent on it, but unfortunately until nuclear weapons are eradicated from all countries we need that deterrent and the ability to strike back should we ever come under a nuclear attack.

Oh FFS

Go and.create a bit of wealth and put everything right.

Hot air merchants R us. Such brilliant minds, preaching the same old shyte. Telling us all how society should be. Compassionate? Nah. Just freeloaders wanting their 'god given' rights. Lmfao.

Another night of the 'Terry', in full flow.

Oh and yes, the super rich should pay their fair share of tax.
    Last edited by howdydoo; 18-04-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Oh FFS

Go and.create a bit of wealth and put everything right.

Hot air merchants R us. Such brilliant minds, preaching the same old shyte.

Another night of the 'Terry', in full flow.

Oh and yes, the super rich should pay their fair share of tax.
    Turn off is an option fella, simple as that...

oh, and yes, the super rich should pay their fair share of tax.

My apologies.

Politicians job description..... to lie to the people and get as many as possible to believe them.

Oh and basically fiddle whatever they can for there own personal gain.

Have to say some of them are very good at it.

One thing is really clear for me is that the NHS is already on it's way to being privatised wholesale....you want the NHS, don't vote for anyone else other than Labour, very simple.

"PFI scandal as Scottish NHS faces £10 billion bill for hospitals that cost £2 billion"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...bills-10234545

I'm not gunna waste my time with you greatfire, there really is no point, i will say this that i've already alluded to the fact of what the last Labour gov't was responsible for with the NHS on this thread. We all know your political allegiance, and you can keep it.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast