+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Corbyn will eclipse Rotherham's record losing streak

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Good Speech today that hit the nail on the head, gave the reasons why this country is in such a mess.

There's a patten here every time a politician or someone famous speaks out about how corrupt this country is, they have the same thing happen to them (constant crap spread about them in the media). And folk fall for it every time.
    Corbyn isn't stupid so the only conclusion to be drawn is that he's putting his own daft and totally unelectable agenda over the opportunity to offer a credible alternative. He knows that elections are won in the middle ground, and he also knows that this politics of envy, "they're all conspiring against you" schtik won't win a vote there. He is simple preaching to the converted (like you) and the converted won't win an election. But he doesn't seem to care.

I think it's as much, to put wee Jimmy Krankie in her place, than anything else.

Amen to that.

Question for you Howdy. Did you have a unionised workforce? If you didn't there is a good chance you shat on them at some point. Also what was the turnover of your staff? If you had a big turnover, maybe that could suggest that they weren't that chuffed about being employed by you?

Of course, I could be barking up the wrong tree. Indulge me but I expect abuse.

Roly, I'm all for civilised discussion.

Answers:

No I've never had to work with unions but happy to tell you, I wouldn't be prepared to, in any case. I'm not having some militant tell me how to run a business, when they can't. Anyone who has been employed for any company I've headed up, has the option of leaving if their not happy.

Staff turnover isn't high. Have a nucleus of people who have worked for me for 30 years plus in various companies. Took over present company 15+ years ago and most leavers have left due to retirement.

Generally pay going rate or at least the living wage + bonus +25% night shift allowance + attendance bonus (because I get shat on &#128580 + pension contributions. I pay the going rate but not the best rates to balance the books. I strive for stability and sustainability.

Generally use discretion on sick pay. ie. pay people full pay rather than SSP. Got a 73yo bloke working on the shop floor who I could manage out of the business on 'capability' grounds but won't.

Provide full training, health surveillance, etc.

What else would the unions demand I do, that I don't cover.

Hope that helps.

Hearing 25,000 have joined the Labour Party since the the election was called. Yet Corbyn is such a loser.
    I know some will say the membership don't reflect the electorate, but he certainly tapping into a significant minority of the population which could if campaigning sway the middle ground.
    I don't think whoever the Parliamentary Labour Party want would be recruiting like this.
    And those saying all these new members are all "Trots"- if only it was true!!

It's as if you people get the bent media's BS beamed straight into your heads? 'Your' opinions are exactly the same and near enough word for word as the crap spewed from media every day. Why would anyone be envious of greedy corrupt tw@ts with no empathy, Id rather live on the streets. Corbyn is a politician so he's obviously not envious because he could of decided to go for the same corrupt lifestyle and screw us over like the others.

When Corbyn first took over he chose a cabinet of MP's with differing views including the centre right/right New Labour lot. That doesn't seem far left to me? Most of them then decided to attack him instead of attacking the Tories when they were at each others throats and weak.

Anyone going to prove their points with actual evidence that Corbyn is living in the past, that's he's far left etc... Because Sky news said so is not evidence. Seems left centre to me, but as evidence shows willing to listen to centre and right centre. It's the Tories taking us backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Roly, I'm all for civilised discussion.

Answers:

No I've never had to work with unions but happy to tell you, I wouldn't be prepared to, in any case. I'm not having some militant tell me how to run a business, when they can't. Anyone who has been employed for any company I've headed up, has the option of leaving if their not happy.

Staff turnover isn't high. Have a nucleus of people who have worked for me for 30 years plus in various companies. Took over present company 15+ years ago and most leavers have left due to retirement.

Generally pay going rate or at least the living wage + bonus +25% night shift allowance + attendance bonus (because I get shat on ��) + pension contributions. I pay the going rate but not the best rates to balance the books. I strive for stability and sustainability.

Generally use discretion on sick pay. ie. pay people full pay rather than SSP. Got a 73yo bloke working on the shop floor who I could manage out of the business on 'capability' grounds but won't.

Provide full training, health surveillance, etc.

What else would the unions demand I do, that I don't cover.

Hope that helps.
    This is all i'll say, but after absolutely slagging me and my family yesterday to say you're all for civilised discussion is quite frankly shocking, once again your ego betrays you.

A reasonable and honest reply Howdy. The fact that you don't touch unions worries me though. Is it be cause you dont want your workers demanding pay rises or better conditions/ job security or just that you don't want to be told by them how to run your business. A lot of workers don't care how a business is run they care more about caring for their families and putting snap on table etc. If you are a millionaire I would argue that pay could be better for your workers particularly if they are very loyal. Obviously i dont know anything about your personal wealth and dont expect you to tell me and yes I expect you have put a lot of effort/ finance into your business to get where you are but I would argue that there is no need for ANYONE to have extreme wealth when poverty is rife in this country/ the world.

And please don't say everybody has an equal chance to get where you are because that is not true because the playing field in a capitalist society is never level , some are always disadvantaged, and that is how capitalism thrives.

I would imagine that your present wealthy situation is down to luck and being in the right place at the right time along with your hard work assuming of course you came from a working class back ground and didnt have a leg up from daddy.

If you did come from a working class background don't forget the old adage something on the lines of not insulting people on the way up because people remember when you are on the way down.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-04-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Corbyn isn't stupid so the only conclusion to be drawn is that he's putting his own daft and totally unelectable agenda over the opportunity to offer a credible alternative. He knows that elections are won in the middle ground, and he also knows that this politics of envy, "they're all conspiring against you" schtik won't win a vote there. He is simple preaching to the converted (like you) and the converted won't win an election. But he doesn't seem to care.
    He's speech was cringeworthy and embarrassing but will appeal to a few dissolutioned people who live in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    He's speech was cringeworthy and embarrassing but will appeal to a few dissolutioned people who live in the 70s.
    Had a drink old chap? haha

Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast