+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Corbyn will eclipse Rotherham's record losing streak

When the Tories were in disarray not that long back they decided to attack Corbyn instead, before that Labour were doing well in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    It's not the leadership of Corbyn that is the issue though is it, it's the backstabbing PLP who are causing the issues, to be honest, they now have to stand up and be counted, and get behind him, don't you think?
    I would think so, if I thought for one moment that Corbyn could deliver. However, I don't think he has the skills, experience or ability to do so. So, no, I don't think so.

Cna i just point out, and this is a very very important FACT, the present gov't, and the coalition gov't before it, has borrowed more money than EVERY Labour gov't has borrowed in history, EVERY one. You tell me which is the borrowing party again????
    Yes because the previous labour government had signed up to programmes etc. that couldn't simply be stopped on day one of the new government. As in all changes of administrations the new government has to follow the old's policies for some time until change can be effectively implemented.

As you've already said yourself the labour party under Blair and Brown were the godfathers of PFI meaning debts will still be being paid for another 18 years in some cases, none of which was sanctioned by the coalition or the tory governments that followed.

The country was broke when the coalition took over, what did the note say that the labour politician left in the Treasury, oh yes the moneys all gone sorry.

I don't deny the deficit's gone up, but does it make much sense to borrow even more given where we are.

So I'll reiterate the aims stated by Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell are laudable but please tell us how they will be paid for, if it doesn't involve even more borrowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    When the Tories were in disarray not that long back they decided to attack Corbyn instead, before that Labour were doing well in the polls.
    For goodness sake Amanda, what do you expect? It's an Opposition Party Leader's JOB to be attacked by the Government. It has happened from time immemorial. What matters is how you deal with and respond to the attacks. An inescapable fact is that Jeremy in the last General Election presided over an almost unique political event. Faced with a deeply divided and unpopular Government he managed to lose more seats than Warne has lost matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    For goodness sake Amanda, what do you expect? It's an Opposition Party Leader's JOB to be attacked by the Government. It has happened from time immemorial. What matters is how you deal with and respond to the attacks. An inescapable fact is that Jeremy in the last General Election presided over an almost unique political event. Faced with a deeply divided and unpopular Government he managed to lose more seats than Warne has lost matches.
    Only that Ed Milliband was labour leader at the last election.

Here here, there's a real difference in Labour, and you know what, it's because of Corbyn, you can believe all the mainstream media's lies all you want, the fact is, that Corbyn is a principled politician, something this country has been sadly lacking for donkey's....
    Corbyn may be principled, but that's not enough. He's also a disorganised buffoon who the electorate rightly discern, could not be trusted to run a bath. He is an opposer of things, not a doer of things. Even his own MP's recognise he is deficient in the qualities required. He is simply occupying a space and wasting everyone's time. No amount of wishing and hoping will change that. Labour will lose heavily at a time when they should be in with a shout of victory, and then he will be gone.

Yes, Corbyn is providing a real alternative, but guess what...it's an alternative that only a small minority want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I'm talking about the Labour in fighting FFS!!! Labour were doing well before that and the Tories were in a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Yes because the previous labour government had signed up to programmes etc. that couldn't simply be stopped on day one of the new government. As in all changes of administrations the new government has to follow the old's policies for some time until change can be effectively implemented.

As you've already said yourself the labour party under Blair and Brown were the godfathers of PFI meaning debts will still be being paid for another 18 years in some cases, none of which was sanctioned by the coalition or the tory governments that followed.

The country was broke when the coalition took over, what did the note say that the labour politician left in the Treasury, oh yes the moneys all gone sorry.

I don't deny the deficit's gone up, but does it make much sense to borrow even more given where we are.

So I'll reiterate the aims stated by Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell are laudable but please tell us how they will be paid for, if it doesn't involve even more borrowing.
    Ah, that old chestnut, the little note left by a junior ex minister....come on, do you really think that was meant in a vicious way??

Talking about old chestnut, ah, the country was already broke then, shall we ask the question why??? Let's take a look at what the banking industry did for this country, just about ruined it to an extent that the whole country is suffering massively today, to be bailed out in billions by US, the taxpayer, yet this gov't STILL gives those same bankers every break going, time for the decent people in society to get some breaks, in my view.

You don't deny the deficit has gone up because you can't spin it back to Corbyn, simple as that.

Well, just for one, free school meals for kids in primary schools, a lot of which don't get a whole lot to eat. That will be paid for by a levy on grammar school entry.....

It's alright we'll just let more and more go into poverty and let the fraudsters responsible carry on as normal. Paper over the cracks until the system fails and hope it doesn't happen in their life times I believe is their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Corbyn may be principled, but that's not enough. He's also a disorganised buffoon who the electorate rightly discern, could not be trusted to run a bath. He is an opposer of things, not a doer of things. Even his own MP's recognise he is deficient in the qualities required. He is simply occupying a space and wasting everyone's time. No amount of wishing and hoping will change that. Labour will lose heavily at a time when they should be in with a shout of victory, and then he will be gone.

Yes, Corbyn is providing a real alternative, but guess what...it's an alternative that only a small minority want.
    I take your point and fully understand it, i really do, but here's the thing, it's dead easy to criticise and pick up on any deficiency's he might have or not, is anyone thinking about what deficiencies the tories have? nd what amount of further damage to us ALL they'll do with another term??

The choice is clear in my eyes, you continue to believe the bull that the media will throw at Corbyn, or you actually judge on the policies, of which, i'm sure, you will get the meat on the bones during the next few weeks.

One thing is really clear for me is that the NHS is already on it's way to being privatised wholesale....you want the NHS, don't vote for anyone else other than Labour, very simple.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast