shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Gary Neville of the north!,

The Gary Neville of the north!,

The Dees appoint Neil McCann the Sky Sports pundit as interm manager to the end of the season,as far as i am aware he is even less qualified than Neville was at Valencia because at least he had coached in the England set up whereas McCann has a short spell as asst manager at Dunfermline on his CV.A very risky appointment to make when you are on a 7 game losing streak and 2nd bottom of the league.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 18-04-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Dont give up yere day joab Neil.

incredible

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    incredible
    I honestly cannie believe it John,he may prove to be a success but its a total left field appointment at a time when an experienced guy is needed to steady the ship.Different kettle O fish if you are safe in mid table with no pressure on.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I honestly cannie believe it John,he may prove to be a success but its a total left field appointment at a time when an experienced guy is needed to steady the ship.Different kettle O fish if you are safe in mid table with no pressure on.
    huge risk, what do I know though, I'm one of the arsehole elements of the support apparently

A glowing endorsement from none other than Jackie McNamara,ach well that's it great appointment John.

As the saying goes...'If anyone can do it....Neil McCann!'
    Last edited by RAM1971; 18-04-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Been watching football in city for 40 years and honestly can't remember a time when both clubs have been so poor at the same time , wtf has happened to football in Dundee

Facing a real fight to stay up, should've went for Terry McCann

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Been watching football in city for 40 years and honestly can't remember a time when both clubs have been so poor at the same time , wtf has happened to football in Dundee
    Both clubs employing clueless managers who signed crap players and got no tactical nous when things not going well.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    I know it will not go down well with the guys in blinkers but from the little i have seen of the Dees this season they dinnie look too bad apart from the Aberdeen game where it could have been double figures.They have competed pretty well with Celtic,Sevco and Hearts.I honestly thought they would stay up with an experienced manager so i cannie for the life of me understand why the Texan's would take such a risk.

I would not want to play Dundee in the play offs mind you i widnie fancy Hamilton,Killie,Ross County or Motherwell either!.

No blinkers, just some people don't agree, losing 19 league games with a negative and defensive manager in charge says it all

He was well backed and failed bigtime to progress the in three years which is more than long enough, that's the length of time both Levein and Houstie each had incharge of Utd

See Michael Stewart as more the neville of the North, a good pundit anyway, was always a hot head against us for Hearts, must have been sent off three times at Tannadice

Agree with you there Shedka ,however , also agree with Gunboats second paragraph.

Given Scottish football standards are at an all time low , the current plight of city clubs is even more galling

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    See Michael Stewart as more the neville of the North, a good pundit anyway, was always a hot head against us for Hearts, must have been sent off three times at Tannadice
    What i meant by the Neville of the north was McCann a pundit with no managerial experience getting the managers job at a struggling club,similar in many way's to Neville taking over at Valencia.

What i meant by the Neville of the north was McCann a pundit with no managerial experience getting the managers job at a struggling club,similar in many way's to Neville taking over at Valencia.
    Which therefor is an excellent analogy GB.
    (Btw is that right, was your uncle Jimmy Briggs?)
    Neil McCann like every other managerial appointment in the history of professional football is a total & utter shot in the dark, toss of a coin, roll of the dice, Russian roulette.
    You don't have a clue how it's going to end up but in an era when a club can have three in one season you might well have your doubts.
    Mentioned this before but if our fans had been asked retrospectively if our choice of manager had been a successful one then they would probably say YES about no more than 3 of the 14 full-time managers/head coaches we've had post Jim McLean, And there's only one who stands out a mile.
    So wee Neil Pundit McCann will probably get the sack.
    Btw didn't he used to hang out with The McNamara Gang in their time here? Which could be a good omen.

It's a massive gamble they've taken. 5 games to go, he might get the bounce but if they lose at Motherwell it would start to look a bit on the Dark Clouds side. McCann is on a win/win. Fail, he walks away back to Sky, succeed he's a hero with choices.

Neville's record at Valencia was Played 28 W10 D7 L11 - Win ratio 35%
    But crucially in the league where it matters it was 3 wins in 16 league fixtures, abysmal.
    Last edited by stokearab; 23-04-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: FTD always and forever