+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McCann the Man

McCann the Man

I see Dundee have appointed Neil McCann as manager until the end of the season. I wonder how that might impact on their performance against us? It's a brave appointment - very limited coaching experience and none in management. It's a bit like us having replaced Mark McGhee with Andy Walker. McCann might be good at motivation and he might have good tactical awareness but it's a real gamble. I think it might be more favourable to us than the appointment of an experienced guy, but time will tell.

I'm surprised they have chosen a novice given the high stakes. There are times when a 'auld heid' looks like the obvious solution.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    I'm surprised they have chosen a novice given the high stakes. There are times when a 'auld heid' looks like the obvious solution.
    Aye - I find that a truly weird n wild appointment?? Shades of Gary Neville taking over ... whatever Spanish team it was ... he took over, then got heaved out of. Apologies to the Spanish outfit, but the short-term memory's going these days

He took over Valencia...which in fairness was a hiding to nothing.

Anyway.

McCann is a very brave appointment but given the speed at which it was done, they've obviously been plotting it for a while. Our record against Hartley's Dundee was dismal so certainly no fear in facing them under a new man instead.

A panic inspired change which smacks of desperation.

It does smack of desperation and here's hoping it backfires spectacularly when we play them next

Two schools of thought with this appointment first one is new manager who will have a different outlook on how the game should be played and will bring his own spin on formation and tactics,he will also get what every new manager gets from his players,more energy,determination etc which will make an already difficult game even tougher.Second school of thought which I prefer is new manager in who hasn't seen in his players in a competitive match or seen how his formation or tactics work.IMO it is therefore better to play Dundee in their first game under new manager,beat them and we go five points clear of them,leaving them only 12 available points to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Two schools of thought with this appointment first one is new manager who will have a different outlook on how the game should be played and will bring his own spin on formation and tactics,he will also get what every new manager gets from his players,more energy,determination etc which will make an already difficult game even tougher.Second school of thought which I prefer is new manager in who hasn't seen in his players in a competitive match or seen how his formation or tactics work.IMO it is therefore better to play Dundee in their first game under new manager,beat them and we go five points clear of them,leaving them only 12 available points to play for.
    You need to stop bring 'applied logic' to the boards mate - it just fills me with potentially false optimism !

That's the only reason I post it sieb 1886 without optimism false or otherwise I have nothing to cling onto in our battle to avoid relegation ��

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)