+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers vs Sons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doonhamers vs Sons

John McKendrick will be in charge on Saturday for the Dumbarton game.

Champions

How time flies as it is 15 years - 20th April 2002 since Queens were crowned Division Two champions after beating
    Forfar away 3 - 0. Over 800 Doonhamer fans made the trip up Station Park and two goals by Peter (Nellie) Weatherson and another by Sean (Sheepheid)) O'Connor saw many of them invade the park at the final whistle - one of the great days of following Queens.
    SCOTT
    GRAY ANDERSON ATKINSON
    AITKEN THOMSON CONNELL O'NEILL
    LYLE WEATHERSON McALPINE
    substitutes
    BOWEY O'CONNOR CRAWFORD DONALD DAWSON

I remember it well. Good bridies up there too...

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    How time flies as it is 15 years - 20th April 2002 since Queens were crowned Division Two champions after beating
    Forfar away 3 - 0. Over 800 Doonhamer fans made the trip up Station Park and two goals by Peter (Nellie) Weatherson and another by Sean (Sheepheid)) O'Connor saw many of them invade the park at the final whistle - one of the great days of following Queens.
    SCOTT
    GRAY ANDERSON ATKINSON
    AITKEN THOMSON CONNELL O'NEILL
    LYLE WEATHERSON McALPINE
    substitutes
    BOWEY O'CONNOR CRAWFORD DONALD DAWSON
    Name:  IMG_8641.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  71.8 KB

A win is very important for Queens this Saturday as the prize money is needed to maintain full-time football at the club. It is clearly evident that the number of fans attending home games cannot sustain a full time playing staff at Palmerston and praise for the board is due for achieving what we have with the limited resources available.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    A win is very important for Queens this Saturday as the prize money is needed to maintain full-time football at the club. It is clearly evident that the number of fans attending home games cannot sustain a full time playing staff at Palmerston and praise for the board is due for achieving what we have with the limited resources available.

The chairman has one more plan up his sleeve for the club to generate money away from football and I'm really interested to know what it is . I'm sure he's quoted as saying an announcement is due around May

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    The chairman has one more plan up his sleeve for the club to generate money away from football and I'm really interested to know what it is . I'm sure he's quoted as saying an announcement is due around May
    Am i correct in saying that Queens wore the navy blue / yellow stripe shirts in that great game 15 years ago today when we finally got out of the lower league after 13 seasons in it !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Am i correct in saying that Queens wore the navy blue / yellow stripe shirts in that great game 15 years ago today when we finally got out of the lower league after 13 seasons in it !
    Name:  IMG_8649.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  43.2 KB

Was it this strip ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Name:  IMG_8649.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  43.2 KB

Was it this strip ?
    It was indeed.

What a fantastic day! I remember that morning the exhaust of my dads car fell off an hour or so before we were due to leave for the game. Luckily the local garage managed to fit a new exhaust and we arrived just in time for kick off. Action packed day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)