+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of non league players

A couple of non league players

PW indicated a couple of lads from non League sides may be signed/offered terms. I am curious to say the least, as there are some decent players that other clubs have managed to bring on/sell on in the past. Get that software working and bring them here!

I thought about this a while ago,I would bet that Zippy as seen more non league players than anybody at Rotherham,they could pay for his out lay & let him report back to the club if he see anybody that might be worth looking at.It would not cost a fortune & just one gem would do.

I wish we had gone for the cowley brothers I think we could have grown together.

Aye, Lol, we may have missed a trick there. Still, we have PW now, so I hope he gets the backing to do what he can to turn our fortunes around - plenty of hard games to come in L1, make no mistake. Charlton and MK Dons have not exactly set the league on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I thought about this a while ago,I would bet that Zippy as seen more non league players than anybody at Rotherham,they could pay for his out lay & let him report back to the club if he see anybody that might be worth looking at.It would not cost a fortune & just one gem would do.

Whats happened to Zippy ? and why dont we see his trips anymore those were a real highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalFan View Post
    Whats happened to Zippy ? and why dont we see his trips anymore those were a real highlight.
    Zippy got fed up with the logging-in problems when the Millersmad site was last "upgraded" and gave up trying to post stuff on here . I've had similar problems myself, eg logging in, text jamming, etc, but at the moment it seems to be working ok. Still sometimes having to log in several times before the system will accept it. Zippy is still posting material on Banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I wish we had gone for the cowley brothers I think we could have grown together.
    That's what I hoped TS would do as well but he's probably never heard of them 😕

Like I said on a earlier posting, the club should have tapped Ronnie Moore's thoughts on any decent non league players from his Eastleigh reign has manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Like I said on a earlier posting, the club should have tapped Ronnie Moore's thoughts on any decent non league players from his Eastleigh reign has manager.
    Just checked on what happened to Eastleigh's young ex-Sunderland centre forward Mikael Mandron (10 goals in 28 appearances for Eastleigh). He is the sort of player who can set up goals for others too... Wigan Athletic signed him for an undisclosed fee in February... we've missed out yet again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast