+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne can blame no one but himself....

Warne can blame no one but himself....

Next season will see Warne having cleared out who he needs to and retain who he believes to be the right balance for next season....

Bearing in mind that he will have overseen more than half of a season and the players involved so there will be no room for excuses if results don't go the right way once the season gets underway...

It's a massive task he as taken on and I wish him well...

I just wonder how long the honeymoon period will last if we don't hit the ground running?
    Last edited by Brin; 18-04-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Brin, I'm sad to have to say this, because I quite like Warney, but I can only see the games-without-a-win sequence being extended to 20-odd, then TS, having given Warney a role that he can't possibly cope with, pulling the plug. I obviously hope that I will be proved wrong.

Tbf Warne wont be blaming himself, neither will most fans either.

I can write the script now for the excuse statement for failing next season.

"We were forced to keep players that were not good enough, players who were not committed to RUFC but just interested in picking up a wage. We had to keep them as no other club other than Rag Ar5e Rovers were interested in them, we couldn't afford to pay them off and bring replacements in unless I bought players from the Indian league, division 7.

Tony Stewart will get the blame, not Warne (s).

Who will get the credit if it goes well Warne or TS ?

Even though TS made/makes mistakes at the end of day Warney is the manager (he chose to take it on) and it's his job to get wins which means he's the one that either gets the credit or the sh it thrown at him along with players imo

I hope who ever encouraged him stand up if it fails because they certainly will if it succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Who will get the credit if it goes well Warne or TS ?
    Pocket I've wished Warne well and I truly hope it goes to plan and we have a good season but what will be a good season? Play offs? Promotion? Think anything less than either one of these two will be deemed as a fail...

As for who takes the credit? Both will claim it as to be expected as Warne will have done his job and Stewart will say he appointed well!

It's hard to see where the scope is for this going well because;

- We'll finish this season with a record low number of points
    - Warne has been in charge for much of the season
    - He's said 90% of the players will be staying.

How many teams in league one would have done as badly as we have in the championship this season? Half a dozen perhaps?

So where is the scope for optimism...the same players, the same manager, the same tactics - a combination that would, in my view, have resulted in a relegation-skirting performance in league one this season. So what's going to change?

Posters keep referring to "teams".......for example:

"How many teams in league one would have done as badly as we have in the championship this season?

"A team" from league one would have done better !

"Team" is the operative word in our case....we were being drilled as a "team" during the early days of the season and we were affective as an attacking force but far too many individual errors caused the goals against tally to rise.

Since ( and even including ) the KJ debacle - we have never managed to attain the level of a "team".

Ridding ourselves of those individuals who were making those mistakes ( which we didn't ) would have made the goals we scored affective and getting points on the board.

PW has had more than half a season to "affect" - players and the team.....and that's what head coaches are paid for............

"To affect the individual players and the collective team performance"

Well Warne hasn't.....We'll NOT in a positive way - in fact performances are getting worse....but confidence and moral must be having an impact !

Leicester are a prime example of when the board got it right !

I'm afraid we are more related to the Birmingham model....

GR & AS were doing ok and should have left to finish the season !

Tactics have also been wrong under Warne - playing expansive football doesn't work in the championship due being out gunned - but building a defensive wall - having kept the worst perpetrators hasn't worked either because we kept the problem players...and what's worse - we might be keeping them again.....Sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Posters keep referring to "teams".......for example:

"How many teams in league one would have done as badly as we have in the championship this season?

"A team" from league one would have done better !

"Team" is the operative word in our case....we were being drilled as a "team" during the early days of the season and we were affective as an attacking force but far too many individual errors caused the goals against tally to rise.

Since ( and even including ) the KJ debacle - we have never managed to attain the level of a "team".

Ridding ourselves of those individuals who were making those mistakes ( which we didn't ) would have made the goals we scored affective and getting points on the board.

PW has had more than half a season to "affect" - players and the team.....and that's what head coaches are paid for............

"To affect the individual players and the collective team performance"

Well Warne hasn't.....We'll NOT in a positive way - in fact performances are getting worse....but confidence and moral must be having an impact !

Leicester are a prime example of when the board got it right !

I'm afraid we are more related to the Birmingham model....

GR & AS were doing ok and should have left to finish the season !

Tactics have also been wrong under Warne - playing expansive football doesn't work in the championship due being out gunned - but building a defensive wall - having kept the worst perpetrators hasn't worked either because we kept the problem players...and what's worse - we might be keeping them again.....Sadly...
    ibj can you for once attempt to answer a thread without mentioning Stubbs!

Go on I dare you..,,

Not possible Brin. In 2030 when we lift the Premiership trophy it will all be traced back to the 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast