+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lions Tour to New Zealand

Lions Tour to New Zealand

Squad announcement today. Scotland will be lucky to get 3 folk on the plane, potentially only 1 (Hogg). Usually love watching the Lions but will struggle to muster any enthusiasm if that's the case.

It's a bit of a slap in the face to the Scottish public school system, if our bed wetters can't make it in there with the rest of them.

16 English, 12 Welsh, 11 Ireland and 2 (two) from Scotland, Hogg and Seymour

Load of p!sh. Watson, J Gray, Maitland and Russell should all have gone as well. Far too many Taffs

12 Welsh is ridiculous, they were shiite in this years 6 nations

I just bought pac jr a Lions rugby ball in the airport.

Pac dad will be chuffed given his peanut hugging ways

I listened to a thing on the wireless last Wednesday on 5live. Gatland seemed to contradict himself when talking about selections. They were picking players he knew he could trust .... then mentioned having to pick players on form. He has no respect for Scottish Rugby and neither do his coaches. It's a slap in the face considering Glasgow have made massive advances under Gregor Townsend. I read someone might have been Andy Nicol saying about Glasgow's defeat to Saracens won't have helped. What about the mauling of Leicester under immense pressure during the group phase.

Doubt I'll be that enthused by it. What are they doing with a Kiwi in charge anyway?

Dont care. NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    I listened to a thing on the wireless last Wednesday on 5live. Gatland seemed to contradict himself when talking about selections. They were picking players he knew he could trust .... then mentioned having to pick players on form. He has no respect for Scottish Rugby and neither do his coaches. It's a slap in the face considering Glasgow have made massive advances under Gregor Townsend. I read someone might have been Andy Nicol saying about Glasgow's defeat to Saracens won't have helped. What about the mauling of Leicester under immense pressure during the group phase.

Doubt I'll be that enthused by it. What are they doing with a Kiwi in charge anyway?
    I knew from watching the DVD extras from the previous Lions tour which showed footage from one of the Selection Meetings that Scottish players would be up against it. Any Scots mentioned, mostly by a timid Andy Irvine, were immediately shouted down by Farrell and Rowntree, with Gatland nodding his approval at the pair. Same pr!cks involved this time and with no Scottish coaching involvement whatsoever, there was no-one fighting our corner. Any discussions would have been finished by someone saying "yeah, but remember what happened to him at Twickenham".

I'll give a sh!t once it starts but I do think that fu(kin England game has been unfairly exaggerated in importance and give the coaches an excuse not to pick Scots.

Lions (sans Scotland players) look to be going down against the Blues in their first serious match of the tour. Just pulled it back to 15-13 down, 15 minutes to go.

Stuart Hogg out of the tour after being cynically elbowed by Connor Murray on Saturday. Now no real prospect of Scottish involvement in the All Black tests.

Highlanders 3 Lions 3 so far in the tour match being played. Would be great to win, but this already feels like the midweek side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast