+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect example of loan system failure

I think it has cost us a chance and needs changing. I will add that I do like the idea of clubs being able to sign players on long term loans at any point though as that can benefit all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    I think it has cost us a chance and needs changing. I will add that I do like the idea of clubs being able to sign players on long term loans at any point though as that can benefit all clubs.
    The "long term" bit is a good point and maybe 3 months should be the minimum term as that would show commitment on both sides.

I recall those clowns at Radio Owl saying the Millers have only themselves to blame as we should have picked our players better before the window shuts.
    That's fine if a club has a large budget but we don't and we have to take a chance on some players knowing not all will work out. It's at that point we go out and get another player to plug the gaps . Obviously this was SE's chosen method

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's one of the problems with football, neither FIFA nor UEFA care about small clubs so most things they implement tend to favour the bigger clubs.
    Too right, just like the Financial Fair Play system. They claim they brought this in to stop clubs going under. B0llocks. They brought it in to ensure that the big clubs remained big and stopped smaller clubs getting a rich chairman in to buy their way up.

No more clubs like little Blackburn matching cash with the big boys to get the Premier League, or Fulham going to the Premier League from the bottom division.

If rich chairmen at these smaller clubs can't fund the club, and they don't get it from gate receipts or sponsorship money, as they don't get what the big clubs get, how can they get to the top?

It's very, very unlikely and FFP was brought in for that very reason. Let the big, rich clubs keep feasting from the top table. Which is why Leicester's title win last season was the best one of any smaller club, ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12