+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vincent Van Gogh and a Bottle of Wine

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Intelligent play on words, good puns, tongue in cheek and good banter (after all, this is Baggies BANTER) is always appreciated by me. In my opinion, the Constable remark was an example of that. Had the original example been J M W Turner, or my favourite from that period, John Martin, the (same) pun would not have been possible.

The comment on the "Not a post in 24 hrs thread", again made by BB, was in the same fashion, and commented on in a positive way by me, and GLM.

Resorting to name calling, abusive language etc is, on the other hand, just sad, and def ruining threads.
    So you like John Martin. Did he do the tattoo on Ibrahimovic's back??

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    So you like John Martin. Did he do the tattoo on Ibrahimovic's back??
    Hello sweep, well, inspiration maybe 😉.

AlrIght SB, enjoy your footy match yesterday?

Art is subjective and will always create debate.

One man's hit is another man's s hit.

Talking s hit Imo Emin and Hurst's stuff is laughable, in fact most of the stuff at places like the Tate modern is not for me.

Roy Lichtenstein (probably spelt wrong) is a good Imo and his collection at the gugenheim in new York is very good.

My favourite is Lowry's going to the match.

I relate to it and therefore I like it.

Re the mention of the fake and fortunate programme, I watch that too and found it fascinating when modern techniques found another picture under the actual picture on show.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Talking s hit Imo Emin and Hurst's stuff is laughable, in fact most of the stuff at places like the Tate modern is not for me.

Roy Lichtenstein (probably spelt wrong) is a good Imo and his collection at the gugenheim in new York is very good.

Re the mention of the fake and fortunate programme, I watch that too and found it fascinating when modern techniques found another picture under the actual picture on show.
    Big favourite of mine is Mackenzie Thorpe's football paintings. Particuarly like "In The Crowd." He's a Boro fan hence the red and white colours. Also a sculpture.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

I’m alright, and the footy was fun, back to the roots watching non league.

Art is def a subjective thing, and will always raise opinions.

Painting is like Music, everybody thinks its easy. You just "Knock up a painting" or "Knock out some music" My wife paints and I produce music and supply tracks to producers for film, TV, or commercial use. Its a really hard business full of hard nosed people. My wife's last painting she spent the best part of a month on, layer by layer creating the depth. My last Album took me 800 hours from start to finish. I think the problem here is the over evaluation in monetary terms for everything and the disparity between some talented people getting nothing and others become millionaires. I cant argue with that. Van Gogh broke barriers in his time and was all about colour and impact. Rothko although admittedly it just looks like blocks of colour, that too is about layer after layer producing a depth which apparently you have to see the original to "Get it"....Its not my thing to be honest but some people get a lot from it. Its all good fun. I'm not trying to be a snob honest. Just adding to the conversation, as with anything you can think what you like.

@sweeper5
    Thanks for replying his question to me
    Last edited by john1565; 08-04-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)