shopify analytics
+ Visit Burnley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keane demand soars

Keane demand soars

Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton all want him now and 30M being bandied about.
    He's a scarce property with vanDijk priced at 50M and injured.

He's going to get some good offers if they stay interested and so are we!

Still be sad to see him go.

Inbound rumours surfacing already:
    1). Kyle Bartley.
    2). Ben Osborn.
    3). Dale Stephens.

Probably will be our best signing of all time given the service and the profit he will generate. Hard to imagine anyone eclipsing him.

Me too, doubt we could offer him half of what is on offer elsewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    Probably will be our best signing of all time given the service and the profit he will generate. Hard to imagine anyone eclipsing him.
    You never know, we might be selling Harry Limb or Daniel Ebenezer Kwasi Agyei for 40m a few years from now.

stop goals or make them - it all hinges on where the points are made or saved.....highly skilled defenders....I think should certainly command a similar value as highly skilled strikers/creative midfielders.... .

- and assuming we didn't have like for like) I wouldn't like to imagine where we'd be in the table without our three solid mainstays....Heaton, Mee and Keane.

May be willing to stay till 2018 and join Utd for free!!
    Says this story.

In some ways that may be more valuable to us as it gives us a good chance of another 100M

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/19...o-sign-for-ma/

Honestly, I would rather take the 30,000,000 and let him go but Burnley's present problem was caused by not nailing him to another four year deal twelve months ago.

Same with Gray. Do we never learn?

We are now at the mercy of Keane's choosing and I am not at all happy about that!

If he wants to run his contract down tell him fine, he can sit on the bench for a season watching Tarko play in his place, and see how that affects his place in the England squad and his prospects of moving to United. That should concentrate his, and his agent's, mind.

In fact, if he chooses to stay that should happen anyway. Tarko is a better long-term prospect for us imo, and needs to be playing first team football for us next season, whether Keane stays another season or not.

Leave the lad alone...If he wants to stay with us until his contract finishes I don't have a problem with that as long as he is happy playing for us.. A great player with a great future ..Been fantastic for us ..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If he wants to run his contract down tell him fine, he can sit on the bench for a season watching Tarko play in his place, and see how that affects his place in the England squad and his prospects of moving to United. That should concentrate his, and his agent's, mind.

In fact, if he chooses to stay that should happen anyway. Tarko is a better long-term prospect for us imo, and needs to be playing first team football for us next season, whether Keane stays another season or not.
    I don't think he's that sort of lad Sinkov tbh , seems a very level headed grounded sort to me and little old Burnley has provided the platform for him ( he'd be foolish to upset the apple cart imo ).
    I wish him well and agree we should bank the the 30 million plus and move on with Tarkowski who I like you believe could be a massive find for us , once he. Gets established and playing regularly.
    From what I've seen he has all the attributes to succeed at this level.
    Plus the 30 million should be given to Dyche along with the 15 million for Gray and what he would receive anyway to really establish a strong squad at this level.

It will be the most interesting season for me in some time if all the above happen as I believe Dyche will truly be tested to see if he can build an improved footballing team and adapt himself to compete at this level.

Massive season for Dyche next year as I believe there are a lot of players coming to an end with us and he has to find better replacements and keep us in this league.

I have no problem with him either Alf, he can do what he wants for me. We do seem to have planned for Keane's departure though by signing Tarko, and it would be ideal for his career prospects to replace Keane next season, in fact it needs to happen for him, at his age he can't afford to spend any longer warming his backside on the bench.

So if Keane stays a choice will have to be made, the career of Tarko stalls, or the career of Keane stalls. One wants to play for us long term, the other wants to leave and WILL leave. There's also the risk that if we keep Tarko on the bench he'll want away, in fact he'd be foolish to stay, so we could end up losing the pair of them. It's a no-brainer for me, in the long term interests of BFC, Tarko plays next season, Keane or no Keane.

I hope you're right about Keane army, it's only media speculation so far anyway. I am a bit suspicious though, Danny Ings seemed a nice lad but he had us over a barrel in a similar situation and we had to wait a year to get a vastly reduced fee. When their agents get a grip of these young lads, the interests of their club goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I hope you're right about Keane army, it's only media speculation so far anyway. I am a bit suspicious though, Danny Ings seemed a nice lad but he had us over a barrel in a similar situation and we had to wait a year to get a vastly reduced fee. When their agents get a grip of these young lads, the interests of their club goes out the window.
    All agents are chumps , the devils in football

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/...08311103639553

BREAKING: Michael Keane will leave Burnley at the end of the season, according to Sky sources.

The rational hope is that Keane does not hold us to ransom, we sell him at a huge profit, play Tarkowski and perhaps buy Bartley or similar as a quality squad member.

We all need to also consider just how lucky we have been with Keane and Mee regarding their total lack of injuries.

Where is Kevin Long in all of this? Neither Tarkowski or Long have been given a sniff because of the form and lack of injuries to Keane and Mee.

We need four centre halves for next season. Can Long, Tarkowski and Anderson cut it in the EPL? Tarkowski probably can but the other two might not be of the required quality.

With Keane and Gray departing and perhaps Defour, Arfield, Boyd and Barnes leaving as well, SD will really have his work cut out!

I have a feeling the deal is already done .good luck to the lad.

BT, why do you keep saying Gray is leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton all want him now and 30M being bandied about.
    He's a scarce property with vanDijk priced at 50M and injured.

He's going to get some good offers if they stay interested and so are we!
    If Michael Keane leaves (and it looks like he will) we have just got to say a big thank you, see the positives that we have provided for him (down to SD and others), wish him well for the future.

Only one year left on his contract. We will probably pick up 15 million in July or now't next year.

There is not one single word emanating from Turf Moor about Gray signing an extension and IMHO he is nowhere near the player he should be for us.

I think the unjust FA ban set him back considerably and he has not recovered his love affair for the Clarets since he came back.

Fifteen million is small potatoes for even a Championship side that want a proven goals scorer at that level.

The Tottenham rumours also refuse to go away.

I think Gray will leave. It is simply not the Burnley way to blow fifteen million quid and nor should it be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast