shopify analytics
+ Visit Barnsley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Moncur says.....

George Moncur says.....

"I'm happy to be here and working hard to impress the manager. This is where I want to be, I just wanted to play games."

"I think the competition is good. Challenges make you better. If I keep working hard I will hopefully stay in the team."

"I will be doing my best every day to improve, I just want to play and give my best for Barnsley Football Club."

"The fans have been great with me, I see support on social media and that means a lot to me. I want to perform for them too."

"When I first arrived I had left my home and my family and I wasn't settled. It was new and affected me."

"I have my girlfriend and my home up here now. It's been character building. I actually prefer living here over Essex now!"

"Hecky has been brilliant with me from day one and improved my game already. I want to repay that faith in me."

Come on leaps and bounds now he's got his thinking in order he'll do​ well for us

Like to see him score a goal or two to get that monkey off his back though

He was unlucky against brentford. Their goalie pulled off a great save. At least he seems to be a bit more positive going forward. He infuriates me when he passes back/sideways all the time. He was much better last game.

Agree totally. Changing subject but Mowatt won't be no duffer either. Next season we'll av' a cracking little midfield. Striker's and wing/ fullbacks needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Agree totally. Changing subject but Mowatt won't be no duffer either. Next season we'll av' a cracking little midfield. Striker's and wing/ fullbacks needed.
    Hope you're right about Mowatt, hard to see where he'd fit if Moncur is the creative midfielder .
    Hecky will sort him hopefully

Mowatt needs to play off a striker but not in the hole. It's a conundrum granted, we'll see

Mowatt 3 yards to slow , he needs to gerris act together , hope he has a good pre season ? George Moncor ? I've slated him, he now looks like he's been rewired ? Hope so next Ronnie Glavin ? Very reminiscent of him ? GEORGIE BOY ,

I'm really pleased to see this lad playing well and looking happy, sometimes we forget how young some of these boys are? You can see he has the potential to be a top player! His Dad was a half decent Midfielder but this lad can be much better because you can see he has goals in him.
    I honestly believe his move to us has made him grow up a bit and let's be honest living in Yorkshire will make him harden up rather than living around those Southern softies.........

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I'm really pleased to see this lad playing well and looking happy, sometimes we forget how young some of these boys are? You can see he has the potential to be a top player! His Dad was a half decent Midfielder but this lad can be much better because you can see he has goals in him.
    I honestly believe his move to us has made him grow up a bit and let's be honest living in Yorkshire will make him harden up rather than living around those Southern softies.........

Agreed, I said when he left on loan to peterbro that he still had a future at Oakwell, some on here were happy if he never donned a reds shirt again which with all due respect is silly considering we signed him forra few quid and on a 3 year deal but tha absolutely reyt in what that sez Perky, he is young and it's easy to forget this. He's full of testosterone and wo probably wet behind the ears expecting to march into our team when firmly established players in Scowen and Hourihane were quite rightly first choice. He's got his chance now and it's up to him to take it. Goalscoring midfielders certainly aren't ten a penny so lets hope he can kick on and do the bizzo