+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Forest relegated?

Do you want Forest relegated?

Just read an artical in DET with regards to if fans want the reds to go down or would you rather them in the Championship next season for another two local grudge matches?

.....thoughts?

Yes

I remember in the 70's when they got promoted and I thought that it would be nice to have some local derbies again. Look how that turned out. Plus the actual games aren't that enjoyable now, it's more like a war zone.

yes yes yes

Sure, we would lose 2 local derbies, but we would also lose them if we had got promoted.

So how would anyone answer the question "Are you glad that Derby have missed out on promotion because now we get to play Notts Forest twice?"

Madness

I genuinely don't really care, possibly because I'm not Derby born and bred. Got some mates who support Forest so, although I'd enjoy even more bragging rights I do feel for them. On the other hand it would upset Tricky and Romanis which can only ever be a good thing.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-04-2017 at 02:24 PM.

We suffered at the hands if forest braggards too much in the dark days for me to have the slightest empathy with their plight. In my case Ramanag it is most definitely in my DNA

Definitely, send them down to struggle in the lower leagues. It's an unnecessary distraction, better to be played every few years than all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I genuinely don't really care, possibly because I'm not Derby born and bred. Got some mates who support Forest so, although I'd enjoy even more bragging rights I do feel for them. On the other hand it would upset Tricky and Romanis which can only ever be a good thing.
    Oh no. Like you I live faraway. I've seen the best and worst from Forest in my lifetime. There would be no culture shock if we went down, since it's already happened before.
    However if we did go down, it would wane my interest in footy, only looking out for results and the few games I get to catch in a year.
    There would be interest in other sports in the interim.
    I mean we've all grown up now, footy in the general sense of things is much lower in priority. Kids, wife, work, business and social are all much higher up than football.
    I dunno about Tricky but the Es*** lad, my he's gonna be pretty upset if we go down. You might want to focus on him.

Get rid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Oh no. Like you I live faraway. I've seen the best and worst from Forest in my lifetime. There would be no culture shock if we went down, since it's already happened before.
    However if we did go down, it would wane my interest in footy, only looking out for results and the few games I get to catch in a year.
    There would be interest in other sports in the interim.
    I mean we've all grown up now, footy in the general sense of things is much lower in priority. Kids, wife, work, business and social are all much higher up than football.
    I dunno about Tricky but the Es*** lad, my he's gonna be pretty upset if we go down. You might want to focus on him.
    I don't live faraway, unless you call about 25 miles from Pride Park 'faraway'. Understand it being in Andy's 'DNA'...it's about where you come from and formative football years I suppose. Don't hate any teams - except perhaps Millwall - but because of my origins I tend to take more delight in MUFC's misfortune.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)