+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex v Orient PREDICTIONS

Alex v Orient PREDICTIONS

more like Alex under-23s v orient youth.

No recognised centre-halves, no wins in 4, all of us getting very nervous again AND we're playing bottom of the league. The omens are not good!!
    But can we buck the trend? Difficult to call 2-2?

With a bit of luck Accrington Stanley (who as a matter of interest we beat 4-0 during a blizzard March 2 1962 resigned from the league four days later due to financial problems ala L.O.) pushing for a play off position will beat Newport and make it all academic. But even if they don't I think the Alex will take care of business themselves with a 3-1 victory. Plus L.O.'s players haven't been paid since Feb so will their hearts even be in it? C.O.Y.R!

I am not particularly worried either - nothing short of victory will do for Orient and I don't see them being able to shut up shop and hit us on the break like Newport, for example. Added to that, both Newport and Hartlepool are not going to win their last three matches (Carlisle v Newport; Hartlepool v Donnie) so we are safe, if not mathematically so. DA should be telling the lads to go out and play with no fear so could be a goal fest all round with defences not exactly on top! 4-2 to the Alex

Even if that doesn't happen all will be well before the last home match, against an out of form Barnet.

Crewe 3 Orient 1 - will not matter then what Newport does.

All depends on who DA plays up top with Daggers. My choice would be Kiwomya and an uneasy 2-1 win. The Orient youngsters will be much more fired up than the demotivated senior players so expect a tough game.

Decent performance against a beleaguered team. Obviously very pleased with the victory and I can relax now that we are well clear. I did not mind that we failed to score in the second half. I live in London and spent a few years living near Brisbane Road. I used to go and watch matches there occasionally. Nice crowd and great burgers! I hope they can bounce back quickly but it will not be easy, particularly if they cannot remove the current owner. The only consolation is that Barry Hearn owns the ground.

The FA due diligence on foreign buyers is a joke. I find it inexplicable that someone buys a club and then proceeds to run it into the ground. I often read about foreign buyers interested in clubs and think "please come and invest in Crewe", but it seems a real lottery. We could end up with a clueless bunch like those at Blackburn and Orient.

Excellent point, Furber . . . you can add Morecambe and Coventry to that list too ... and the Vale if you listen to Moan and Grumble!!

We should have won by more than 3-0. Most of the Orient players had really negative body language after our first goal.
    I've never seen the Alex have so much time and space on the ball.