shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punchestown Festival

Punchestown Festival

After having some success in tipping horses at both Cheltenham & Aintree recently, I did promise Elite I'd pass on anything I was told regarding the Punchestown Festival. All my snippets only refer to horses owned by the Potts partnership as personally I know nothing about the sport.

1. Alan wants Sizing John to win this meeting's Gold Cup to pair up with the one won at Cheltenham

2. Viscount De Noie. Not run for a while Elite (?) So going for it this time.

3. Pingshou. Good chance excellent EW bet.

There we are, sorry I don't know the days these races are on.

1. Sizing John is racing in the 5.30 on 26th April.
    2. Viconte du noyer runs in the 6.40 on 26th April.
    3. Pingshou runs in the 4.20 on 25th April.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    After having some success in tipping horses at both Cheltenham & Aintree recently, I did promise Elite I'd pass on anything I was told regarding the Punchestown Festival. All my snippets only refer to horses owned by the Potts partnership as personally I know nothing about the sport.

1. Alan wants Sizing John to win this meeting's Gold Cup to pair up with the one won at Cheltenham

Thanks for sharing ☺

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Thanks for sharing ☺
    No problem Driller - I'm a grammar school educated right wing Tory bigot, living in the past - where respect and good manners were taught and if you thought you had some information that may help someone, you gave it freely !!!! Joking apart, best of luck.

No problem Driller - I'm a grammar school educated right wing Tory bigot, living in the past - where respect and good manners were taught and if you thought you had some information that may help someone, you gave it freely !!!! Joking apart, best of luck.
    Grammar school ?

Check out your spelling on horse No.2

I think so - Nottingham Bluecoat School '49 - '54, the proper one on Mansfield Road.

My fault here. My contact phoned this afternoon and I confess to posting as it sounded. As stated I know nothing about racing and have never heard of this horse before.

No. 3 tip came in 3rd at 9-1

No. 3 tip came in 3rd at 9-1
    Which is a losing bet each way in a 7 horse race.

What about their winner in the big race today serious, Fox Norton at 5/2? You kept that one quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Which is a losing bet each way in a 7 horse race.

What about their winner in the big race today serious, Fox Norton at 5/2? You kept that one quiet!
    I know Elite - my fault entirely. Julie did tell me about Fox Norton and I genuinely forgot to add to the list. As said, I don't bet apart from a friend putting a few quid on for me through his account which came good after Cheltenham and Aintree. Could money have been put on as a treble as an EW bet if all three I tipped were backed? You like your racing, all I would say is what I said in an earlier post. I used to know Alan very well and rate him as the most driven individual I have ever met. He always wants to win be it pleasure or business so stick with him and his stable and it may prove profitable over a season. Out of interest go on the MMD Group website and see the companies he's built up from scratch in the last 40 years. Incidentally, never tell this guy he's a Remainer!!! Best of luck with the nags.

Could money have been put on as a treble as an EW bet if all three I tipped were backed?
    You could have backed all 3 in an each way treble, but it would already be a loser as there were only 7 runners in Pingshou's race, and only the first 2 count. Viconte Du Noyer looks interesting tomorrow, as the Potts have two runners in the race and the other one (Sizing Granite) carries the first colours. Sizing John is only evens for the big race, I've had a bit on Coneygree at 13/2.

Had a few bob on viconte at 20/1 each way he certainly looks of interest.

Sizing John is the winner !

Viconte du Noyer ran an absolute cracking race !
    Alan Potts got first and second !

Viconte was second at 25/1
    The earnings off my bet will get me out now on Saturday to the game and after so thank you very much for the info !

Also Alan Potts winner was priced at 14/1, they are certainly in fine form !

A brilliant day for the Potts. Sizing John just got up in to win a cracking race in the big one, followed by a 1-2 in the 6:40. If you had put a tenner on the forecast in that race serious you would have got 3,288.90 back!!! The day could have been even better for them though - in February they sold Magic Of Light, the horse that won the first race!

A brilliant day for the Potts. Sizing John just got up in to win a cracking race in the big one, followed by a 1-2 in the 6:40. If you had put a tenner on the forecast in that race serious you would have got 3,288.90 back!!! The day could have been even better for them though - in February they sold Magic Of Light, the horse that won the first race!
    Thanks lads ..... and best of luck on future bets. Not being a racing man, I don't know his horses - only that he has 50 in training and when I see either of his daughters they tell me who is running and I'm happy to pass it on. Whatever Alan does he has to be the best, be it business or pleasure. He wanted the gold cup at Punchestown to go with the one won at Cheltenham and he's achieved it. He named Sizing John after his son John which will please him more than anything. I would hazard a guess his next ambition is to be recognised the country's leading owner of 'over the sticks' horses. So chaps, no more tips....just stick with this bloke and you won't go far wrong. Cheers all on this topic.

Thanks lads ..... and best of luck on future bets. Not being a racing man, I don't know his horses - only that he has 50 in training and when I see either of his daughters they tell me who is running and I'm happy to pass it on. Whatever Alan does he has to be the best, be it business or pleasure. He wanted the gold cup at Punchestown to go with the one won at Cheltenham and he's achieved it. He named Sizing John after his son John which will please him more than anything. I would hazard a guess his next ambition is to be recognised the country's leading owner of 'over the sticks' horses. So chaps, no more tips....just stick with this bloke and you won't go far wrong. Cheers all on this topic.

Thanks for the tips Serious.

Elite is there an easy way of finding out which runners belong to Alan Potts for those of us who don't follow horse racing too closely?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Elite is there an easy way of finding out which runners belong to Alan Potts for those of us who don't follow horse racing too closely?
    Yes and no! It's made a bit more complicated because for some reason (tax benefit?) the Potts have runners under a few different names. Today, Sizing John was owned by 'Ann & Alan Potts Partnership', while the first two in the 6:40 are owned by 'Ann & Alan Potts'. The odd runner is owned by 'Alan Potts' even though the colours (green, yellow chevron and sleeves, red cap) are the same for all names. The easiest way to find their runners is to type 'Alan Potts' into the searchbox on the Racing Post website. If you then click 'Owners', it will come up with all the names they use. If you pick a name and click on it then 'Entries' it will list the horses they have entered up. Sounds long-winded, but it's pretty straightforward once you've done it a few times.

The only one going tomorrow is Sizing Platinum in the 4:15 at Punchestown.

Yes and no! It's made a bit more complicated because for some reason (tax benefit?) the Potts have runners under a few different names. Today, Sizing John was owned by 'Ann & Alan Potts Partnership', while the first two in the 6:40 are owned by 'Ann & Alan Potts'. The odd runner is owned by 'Alan Potts' even though the colours (green, yellow chevron and sleeves, red cap) are the same for all names. The easiest way to find their runners is to type 'Alan Potts' into the searchbox on the Racing Post website. If you then click 'Owners', it will come up with all the names they use. If you pick a name and click on it then 'Entries' it will list the horses they have entered up. Sounds long-winded, but it's pretty straightforward once you've done it a few times.

The only one going tomorrow is Sizing Platinum in the 4:15 at Punchestown.
    Excellent, thanks Elite. Thanks Happy for the pic too 👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast