shopify analytics
+ Visit Aston Villa FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Blues and Why?

Team for Blues and Why?

I think we need to play some of the local lads and yes, I think we need gabby on the bench incase we need a plan B and as we know, we have not got a plan B.!

Johnstone

Hutton
    Baker
    Chester
    Taylor

Jedi

Landsbury
    Gardner
    Adomah
    Grealish

Hogan

Blues will park the bus so we need a bit og Jack magic, time for him to step up, he could get someone sent off? Odomah needs to break down the wing and supply crosses for Hogan, hopefully he can really make a name for himself down VP.
    pack the midfield, Jedi covering, get into a 2-0 lead and shut up shop!!

I can hardly believe I'm writing this but I would throw Gabby on from the start for this one after seeing Hogan cut an isolated figure against Fulham. Gabby will make a nuisance of himself and create space, wind up their defenders a treat & will be desperate to score against them again.

Is Gabby available? If so

Johnstone
    Hutton Chester Baker Taylor
    Bacuna Lansbury Jedi Houraine
    Adomah Gabby

Only players we are keeping for next season, so hopefully not Gabby

Gabby likes scoring against the Blues and they hate him so why not. A lot of negative stuff on Hogan on here, Hourihane Bree Elphick also. Is the club too big for them maybe?

I would also make Hutton captain for the day, if anyone can lead and show some passion it is him, Plus he has a rather big bone to pick with harry rednob.....why not?

The Myth
    Right on cue the almost forgotten man has reared his head just in time for the Second City derby. Like the game at St Andrew, Gabriel Agbonlahor has been absent from the first team for months but has coincidentally gotten back in to contention right in time for the fixture(which he is supposedly more effective in)

Under no circumstance should Agbonlahor start on Sunday !

Gabby has managed to score four goals in nine appearances against Birmingham, which is actually not a bad record. However, when the goals are broken down and put in to context the stat is not anywhere near as impressive.

The last time Agbonlahor managed to score against the Blues was all the way back in 2010.

The last seven years haven’t been too kind to the 30-year-old and has left him a shell of the man who*used to terrorise the defence of Villa’s local rivals.

If Steve Bruce is serious about picking up the three points on Sunday, he should steer clear of playing Agbonlahor from the off. The Birmingham born lad just isn’t up to scratch, which he proved in January.

Gabby hasn’t managed to score in the Championship yet in the games he did play, which truly epitomises how far he has fallen.

Blues haven't been in our division for years so it would be a bit difficult anyone scoring against them. MOM talks nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Blues haven't been in our division for years so it would be a bit difficult anyone scoring against them. MOM talks nonsense.
    Seems he has difficulty scoring against any of the 12 teams he has played against in the championship too eh Bongo? Up to press his goal return is err... None.... Zilch.... Zero.... nothing ...not even a meaningful effort on target !

Not exactly what you would/want/demand from a..... .....Striker....costing A V F C in excess of 50,000 per week

As for talking nonsense, been on any imaginary walks around Birmingham recently ????

Bring back Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    Bring back Heskey
    Don't fret Yubby,

Hesky is just behind, Barry, Young, Terry, Carrick ,Delph Stanley Mathews & Bobby Moore on Bongo's unique theory "How to regenerate Aston Villa "

Or to use a more colloquial term "The utter boll-ox recruitment guide" on how to flush more dosh down the sh!tter

Last edited by freer; 23-04-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Yes buying some quality players is really a bollox recruitment guide. Terry Barry and Carrick would walk into our team right now and not only that would probably captain the side.
    Bruce has already identified what we wants this summer and its proper quality so it wouldn't surprise me if we get a few players like this.
    I'm just glad he's our manager and not you who gives no input or ideas of signings for next season and just mocks anyone else's ideas.
    Your turning into a troll freer.

Johnson

Bree Baker Jedi Chester Taylor

Hourihane Lansbury Gardner

Grealish
    Hogan

Not been too impressed with Adomah in the last couple of games. Chosen Bree over Hutton as I think he has a better final ball.

Team news

Johnstone
    Hutton Chester Baker Taylor
    Bacuna Lansbury Jedi
    Adomah Hogan Grealish

Bruce has already identified what we wants this summer and its proper quality so it wouldn't surprise me if we get a few players like
    Your turning into a troll freer.
    It probably hasn't occurred to you but there is a growing concern/impatience being voiced by some Villa fans about S Bruce that after buying a shed load of “ his own “ players very little (if anything) has improved

Come October If we are still floundering around Mr Steve Bruce will find himself being very closely scrutinised

As for me Bongo as long as I don't turn into a lying monosyllabic attention seeking no-mark like you, I am quite content thanks buddy XXX

If I was a no-mark I wouldn't have my own personal troll.

Gabby!!!!!!! Shove that up your bottom freer!

Gabby!!!!!!! Shove that up your bottom freer!
    I know your always “looking for an opening” but not on my shift Boyo

Anyway meanwhile back at the Bat-cave

Yep absolute brilliant, deadly from almost 1.5m out …... that's much better -1 goal for 9,000000

You better just hope

1.Blues stay up (so he can maintain his prolific goal ratio !)

2. Someone can persuade Gabby to signs another contract extension eh ?

You and your buddy MOS should stay off line for a few days. Gabby changed the game.

Credit where it's due Freer, gabby has got back fit, got on the pitch and got a goal. Maybe we can add it to the show reel and persuade some club to part with a few pence to buy his services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast